4- memories

"Oh my god did you see them walk in together? Do you think they're dating?" Penelope asked as she stared intently at the Slytherin table. The 2 girls nodded back in unison.
"Lucky her" Penelope sighed twirling her hair in her hand.

"Ya but Draco is an arse" Izzy reminded her friend.
"A hot one" Penelope replied enviously, while picking at her bread.

"I think they're adorable together, I mean he may be an arse but he cares for her. At least he seems faithful" Ginny sighed, looking over at Cordon who she dated for a week but then ended it when she realized that he was cheating on her.

"I mean plus Hermione is really nice for a Slytherin or a Gaunt. I mean you expect her to be snotty and blood prejudice but she isn't. I was partners with her in potions once and she was great" Izzy said siding with Ginny.

Penelope stole another glance at Hermione who were laughing with her friends uncontrollably.

"I mean look at her she's down right gorgeous too and dare I say it, she's perfect! She has a social life, she's smart, she's nice and she's pretty. No wonder Draco likes her" Izzy complimented.

"I mean look at her hair! Her curls so perfect!" Penelope sighed twisting her uncooperative hair in her fingers.

******

Draco and Hermione laughed as they recalled memories from 2nd year.

"I mean what was I supposed to do, Potter had no idea how to talk to snakes whatsoever" Hermione said said reasonably making Draco laugh again.

Flashback

"Serpensortia!" Draco yelled. Hermione watched as a long black snake shot out of his wand before falling onto the ground.

"Don't move" She heard Harry whisper to the snake. Hermione rolled her eyes at him, did he not know any etiquettes?

The snake turned around to the Hufflepuff, making the boy gulp. Had Potter really expected the snake to follow him with his lack of manners?

"Potter your treating her wrong, god do you not know anything?" Hermione scoffed.

She slowly made her way towards the snake, subtly pushing the Hufflepuff out of harm's way.

"Hello, I'm Hermione Gaunt" she started politely. "Sorry about all of this but I mean can you believe the lack of manners of this boy?" She scoffed. The snake nodded to agree while Harry gave an offended huff. She gave him a slight glare to shut him up.

"What's your name?" She asked the snake.
"Dass-silli" The snake answered.
"Nice to meet you" Hermione smiled, perfectly distracting the snake before Professor Snape casted,
"Vipera Evanesca"

And with a puff of black smoke the snake disappeared before her eyes.

"Thanks" the Hufflepuff boy said.
"Not a problem" she smiled proudly.

Draco smirked as he saw Potter's shocked face and gave a grin towards Hermione.

"I mean 2nd year was terrible, everyone believed I was somehow the heir of Slytherin. I mean I may be a decedent of Salazar Slytherin but that doesn't exactly make me crazy and make me want to kill muggle borns or anything" she huffed.

"But after you saved the boy everyone shut up didn't they?" Draco asked.
"Some, but people thought I just did that to hide the fact I was a crazed killer. Some people are so pathetic" she scoffed.

"Agreed" Draco smirked making Hermione laugh.

********************

Sorry, this was like a filler chapter... But thanks so much for reading! Please vote and comment!