23

Nothing. Dumbledore had done nothing.
Was he trying to get himself killed? Hermione wondered after checking the vanishing cabinet for the hundredth time.

She examined the cabinet, trying to notice and marks that weren't there before or any hair that belonged to Dumbledore. Nothing. Until she opened the cabinet. She saw a small piece of paper inside folded neatly in a square. She looked around to make sure no one was around and looked at it.

Thank you, I have it all under control. Keep following Voldemort's orders.

This was definitely Dumbledore, but Hermione still had her doubts. Would a man who is wanted dead by the dark lord still be this calm? Sure he was considered powerful but shouldn't he ask more information? She was offering help as a spy.

She stuffed the note in her pocket and walked through the hallways and into her room. She was surprised to see Draco on her bed staring blankly at the ceiling. She had forgotten that she made the lock recognize Draco's hand too, in case he needed to come in.

"The Death eaters are coming tonight" Draco informed in monotone.

She walked over and put her head on Draco's chest. She engulfed the refreshing scent of him as she nuzzled her head in deeper.

"Has Dumbledore said anything?" Draco asked looking down at her. She pulled out the note and handed the flimsy paper to him. He skimmed the note and sighed.

"He almost sounds like he wants to be killed" Draco scoffed. "Does he not know how much great danger he's in?" He sighed frustratedly. Hermione shook her head and shrugged.

"I don't know anymore, maybe he already knows his fate or something" Hermione offered.

The couple looked calm, well on the outside. Inside their minds, voices were swirling in their brains. Whispering their worries over and over again. Hermione shut her eyes to make her brain to stop thinking for once, but the voices were still getting louder and louder.

They laid like this for a couple of hours, unable to sleep, unable to talk, unable to move.

"It's time to go love" Draco whispered while playing with her hair. Hermione sighed and closed her eyes, if she had to carry this out, she was going to have to put on the best acting she had ever done.

"Okay" she whispered slowly getting up. She dusted the invisible dust off her robes and took a slow, deep breath.

Draco turned her around so she was facing him and kissed her sweetly on her forehead.

"Whatever happens, just remember that I love you okay?"
"Draco don't say that... please" Hermione whimpered hugging her boyfriend tightly. "But I love you too Draco" she planted a kiss on his lips and gave him a sad smile.

"Let's go" he said, offering his hand.

***********
Dun dun dunnnn. Things are picking up!!