12- owl

Hermione woke up feeling a tickling on the side of her neck. She smiled as she turned around, facing the pale boy.

She studied his face looking from his nose to his closed eyelids. He looked so unguarded and calm, how she wished he would stay that way. But the world around them was quickly changing, whether they liked it or not.

"Draco, wake up" she whispered. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at her, making butterflies fly in her stomach.

"Good morning love" he brought her close to give a kiss on her cheeks. The witch giggled and blushed.

"We have to get up" she whispered looking at her sleepy lover. He groaned before rubbing his eyes and stumbling out of the bed.

He brought his arms up in the air to stretch before facing her.
"I'll see you in the common room" he smirked, before walking out of the room.

He looked happier then he had been almost a month ago. Although she still kept a careful eye out for him, he looked and acted like everything was alright.

She quickly pulled on her robe while fixing her cascading brown hair. She strolled down the common room to find a familiar owl standing on the window.

It was a beautiful owl really, one of a kind. She grabbed the letter out of its grasp and curiously read who the recipient was.

Draco

It was his fathers writing, she could easily tell. But she had never remembered Draco receiving any letters than from his mother in the years before. Why now?

She handed him the letter as he strolled down the common room arrogantly and confidently.

"It's for you" her voice raised as if it was a question. As she gave the white envelope to him, she saw how quickly his eyes had darkened the minute he saw his name.

"Everything okay?" She asked worryingly. He gave her a smirk which did not fully reach his eyes. Something was terribly wrong, she could tell.

"I'll put this in my room yeah? I'll come back in a minute" Hermione nodded unenthusiastically but nodded in agreement. He kissed her cheeks again for the second one this morning before heading up to his dorm which he rarely used.

It was minutes later when he came down, looking almost frightened.

"Everything okay?" She asked.
"Of course love" he reassured.

Draco was a good actor, but she could usually see right through him. From his tone, it indicated that he was worried and almost stressed about something.

She pushed her thoughts aside and snapped back to reality. Hermione looked up and smiled, taking his hand into hers before heading to the dining hall.
"Let's go then"