Chapter 6- Milkshakes

Start from the beginning

LUKE;)

Hey, what time do you wanna leave for the music shop?

How's 12? We can shop a little and then go eat?

Sounds good. See you then.

Is walking okay with you? The shop isn't that far.

Yep! Walking is fine. xx

Awesome see you at 12 xx;P

I should start getting ready. It was already 10:30. Sleeping late was always my specialty. I took a shower and did my basic make up and did my hair. I put on some fat pants and an All Time Low tshirt. I didn't feel like dressing for my date just yet. I walked downstairs wanting to watch tv. But, Jonah was already in the lounge watching tv.

"What are you watching?" I asked taking a seat next to him. I pulled my legs into my chest and wrapped my arms around my knees.

" World Cup. Argentina and Germany are playing." He said. His eyes intently watching the screen.

" Oh, cool." I said turning towards the screen and intently watching Argentina pass the ball back and forth. Probably attempting to get the ball down the feild. It was the 87th minute and no one had scored yet.

"This game is practically over." I said throwing my hands up in disappointment.

" I dont know. I think Germany is going to pull through pretty soon." He said looking at my hands. Why was he looking at my hands? Weirdo. "Ana, take off your bracelets." He commanded.

"Why?" I said, I don't think he knew of my past self harm. But I was better now. I hadn't cut in about two months. I know it doesn't seem like a long time. But for me, everyday counts.

"Just take them off please?" He asked, I could see the worry in his eye, telling me he knew.

"Alright," I started sliding the bracelets off my wrist setting them in my lap. The scars were visible and weren't going to get better anytime soon. They would always be there. A constant reminder. "All is well Jonah, I promise." I said trying to reassure him.

"Just swear you won't do it anymore." He used "IT" instead of saying cut.

"I swear. Cross my heart." I physically crossed my heart and then pulled my brother in for a hug. He took my hand and looked at my wrist agian. He ran his fingers over each scar pressing just a little. I winced when he went over the most recent one. It was pretty old, but it still hurt a little. He looked at me and I Gave him my best half smile. I put my bracelets back on and held my fist out for a pound. He pounded back as a silent ok from each of us. I walked back upstairs to get ready for my date with Luke. It was 11:30 now and it wouldn't take me long to get ready.

I looked in my wardrobe for something to wear. I found a pair of acid wash high wasted shorts. Which I loved. and I put on my white Ramones tee and a Red plaid button up over it. I tucked the Tshirt into the shorts and put on the button up like a jacket and pushed up the sleeves. I put on my shiny black dr. martens and called it good. I grabbed my hobo bag from the back of my chair and by this time it was already 11:50. Ahh!! I stuffed my phone and charger into my bag along with my emergency beanie and some cash. I threw my ipod in there to just for the heck of it. I walkd down the stairs and out the front door.

"BYE JONAH!!" I yelled before closing the door and locking it. Luke was walking across the street when I came out.

"Hey!" I said meeting him in the middle of the street.

"Hi, you ready?" he asked holding out his hand. I took it smiling. We started walking in the direction of the music shop talking about school. And the band. And sometimes it was just silent. I liked the silence sometimes. It wasn't an awkward silence. But a comfortable happy silence. I was looking at his face for a long time, something was different. His lip. He must've been biting at his lip ring again. It was a little swollen.