Chapter 19: Found

"Hello? Hanji? I need another favor, is that alright?" 

"(Name)." 

"Eh,, Levi? Where's Hanji?"

"You have to stop this. This group we've created is for us to specifically stop the White Queen."

"What are you getting at?"

"This won't work."

"Haha, this sounds like a break-up."

"It is."

"What? Dude chill, are you high? You good there Levi?"

"Listen, this sort of crap won't work anymore, (Name). You've lost sight since you got involved in that shitty Kira Case. You're using this group- you're using us to take care of your personal affairs."

"..."

"All I'm saying is, you have to make a choice. To quit the investigation and continue working with us as our Black Queen, or to give up your title and continue with the Kira Case."

"What?! Levi! What the hell are you saying?!"

"It's not just me, we've all agreed on this conclusion-"

"But you said weeks back that Kira wanted to fight for us? What happened to that? The Kira Case is involved in our group no matter the situation is!"

"We refused his help, you didn't give us a concrete answer on whether or not you approve of him, so we reached a conclusion to keep him away from us, I don't want to get involved with a mass murderer."

"You're one to speak! You've killed people before! The hell does it matter now?!"

"Calm down. I know what I've done, but we're not the same. Don't compare me to that brat. Now, (Name), make up your mind and think this through."

"So it's either one or the other huh?"

"Make it quick, bring an answer tomorrow, if possible. We can't wait forever."

Call End

You couldn't stop the tears from flowing, you couldn't stop the sobs that escaped your mouth as you hugged your pillow. It was an unsaid promise to yourself that you would save Light and Ryuzaki, but it isn't easy to just give up the past years of your life just like that. 

You wiped the tears off your eyes and splashed water on your face a couple of times. Grabbing a jacket from your closet, you quickly went outside, excusing yourself from a few people in the building. 

Walking on the streets at 11:00 PM isn't exactly how you imagined to spend your night. You were either dead asleep or visiting your fandom in the depths of the internet.

You didn't know how long you were walking, seeing that you somehow ended up in a park. A cry pulled you out off your thoughts, you immediately hid behind a tree, looking for the source of the cry. 

You saw a little boy, probably about the age of 10, wailing and crying. He was sitting on a bench, alone, as he tried to lower down his sobs. 

You pondered if you should approach him or not, deciding that it's better if you comfort the child than a possible mob looking for organs to sell, you walked to the crying kid.