Chapter 15: Cracks

She is quite interesting. You see her as the usual happy-go-lucky detective who's always lazy. She's very smart, of course, since she was even a potential successor of mine. That was until she ran away from Wammy's.

I often wonder how many dark things are happening around me without my knowledge. Now I've realized that there is quite a lot.

Who knew she was being treated underground the Wammy's like a feral dog? Who knew that some uneducated men with lacking experience in the field of developing a sound mind, body, and soul controlled an 'underground' of Wammy's like it was their property?

"L! Can you consider burning the orphanage now?"

"No, Beyond. I will not."

"Ugh, whatever. I'll control you as soon as you let your guard down, remember that. I'll do anything for my dear (Name)-chan! I'll kill for her! Because I love her!"

"Maybe I've read it wrong, but isn't the catchphrase supposed to be 'I'll die for her because I love her?' "

"I don't know, and I honestly don't care. You can go die if you want, I'll then be able to take dominance over this body and kill for her as much as I want to!"

I chose to not respond.

"I know what you're thinking you know.~~"

And I'm glad I didn't, because after that, he finally shut up.

****

Your Pov

Sometimes I really hate emergencies because it's a pain to experience the loud erratic beating of my heart as I rush to the place where I need to go.

I ran to the rooftop of the HQ, my phone clutched in my hands. I was just resting after eating too many sweets yesterday, resting after the BB research I finished, I then got this sudden call from Black, and within those moments, my heart began running like a wild Kagami Taiga.

"What did you say?! Kira... He got Death?!"

"Yes... It might be a lot to take in, but Death is no longer with us."

"I know I should be commenting on how ironic that sounded but..."

"(F/n)!"

I turned around, seeing Light who was running towards me. "Let's hurry to the main room. A broadcast appeared, and the person behind the screen is claiming to be Kira."

That was all I needed.

And boy, was I disappointed. That person wasn't Kira, no, if you ask me, that person resembles to one who truly admires someone. Not admires, but truly admires.

Okay, in other words. That person is a fangirl, or a fanboy.

But I couldn't care less. The only thing he or she said I find interesting are the words, 'shinigami' and 'notebook'. It was assumed as code words, but I wasn't convinced, mainly because, I was keeping an eye out for Light Yagami.

Not only was I happy, but I was also confused and overly excited. His reactions were a bit suspicious, oh, who's kidding, his reactions are suspicious.

L and I, we both have that feeling, so why the hell can't we prove that it's him? Maybe it's because of that possibility, the possibility that his personalities are split into two, just like the strange case happening with L. But it has to be Light. It's all lining up to him, events, timings, reactions, coincidences, but the only thing we need for our words- for L's words to be confirmed as the truth is some sort of evidence, preferably something that you'll hear and see yourself, not a speculation nor an accusation.

And we don't have it. That's the thing. We don't have proof.

So now what? If Beyond and L, and/or Light and Kira, are in the same body, what's going to be the point to all of this? To the case L's secondly after, where people were murdered beside a police station? To the case that Light is on, where people are getting killed by a mass murderer?

Aren't they just chasing themselves?

What do I do from here?

Where do I go?

Who should I trust?

Dammit!

I have to calm down. Alright, with all of these​ interesting events, why is it that I'm also involved?

... Because of my thirst for the White Queen. Alright... That's the goal I have to go after.

It helped clear out my goal. But what do I do with L and Light? Shall I just... Go with the flow? It's what I'm best at, it's what I always do, but is that going to be the right option this time?

So what I'll have to do is chase the White Queen, and go along with all this things happening outside. That's gonna be easy, right?

I wish.

__________________________________________________

Ohonhonhonhon.. Kolkolkolkol..
Okay, enough Hetalia.

Well, look at that, is the Izaya-like Main Character starting to panic? I do agree it's the right thing to do...

BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT MESS I JUST CREATED.

Ne, are you confused? I can write a summarization in the next update, probably after the chapter.

*Sigh*, it's like Ikebukuro in Durarara all over again. All that mess, all those characters, ALL THAT IZAYA-//slapped.

Good day, reader-chan ❤️💙💚💛💜