Chapter 16: Case Closed

Your  POV 

I sat down somewhere within the room, spinning around on a computer chair as I wondered why Ukita, a task force member, wasn't showing up lately.

The whole task force is discussing about a second Kira, with that going on, I looked at Light while he was explaining the possibilities that this person had the same 'power' as the Kira we were trying to catch. By 'power', a lightning struck within me. (Maybe a titan shifter just shifted, we'll never know.)

We've been trying our hardest to catch Kira, even up until now. But I feel like we're only going around in circles, I feel like Kira's right there, within our range, but for some reason, we can't see it, we can't do anything to it. We can't reach it. 

It resembled to a mansion, full of twists and turns. And Kira's sitting on a throne, waiting for us to face him. Either to follow, or to rebel. Either way, 'shinigami', 'notebook', and 'power', those three words forms a key to open one of this mansion's doors.

What can a God of Death, a notebook, and some sort of power form together? 

I immediately grabbed a pen and paper, ignoring the confused looks I was getting. 

Alright, it's time to list these ideas out. 

> God of Death - What if Kira's not human...? What if Light wasn't really Kira, or Kira wasn't really Light. Something like that, with the split personality conflict still aside.

> Notebook - A God of Death is trapped inside a notebook and wants to kill everyone?

> Notebook 2.0 - A God of Death is trapped inside a notebook and wants revenge on some criminal but that shinigami doesn't know the criminal's name so he wants to kill every criminal on Earth? 

> Power - A God of Death has the power to kill!... Duh... 

> Shinigami, Notebook, Power - A shinigami trapped inside a notebook has superman powers and can kill!

This... is going nowhere. 

I slammed my head down the desk, repeatedly. "Why. Can't. I. See. It!?"

"What are you doing, (F/n)?" Light suddenly asked, the task force's attention shifted to me. 

"There's something missing... Just this one thing.. or I'm just really blind.. or dumb..." I muttered, my head still resting on top of the desk. I grabbed the paper I  was writing on and frowned.

'How can a God of Death, a notebook and some sort of 'power' mix together?'

"Light, I want you to play the part of the real Kira."

I snorted, turning my attention to L and Light. They seem to be talking about something- which, may I add, I completely missed since I was inside my own world. 

I crumpled the paper and kept it inside my pocket. If I throw it away, there's a chance that someone might find it, and if the investigation goes well and we find out Kira's ability, then that'd be really embarrassing for me if my stupid theories are out of the idea. 

I sat down an empty couch, observing the scene before me.

First of all, they're all standing. Light's shocked, L's still emotionless, the chief is also surprised, along with Aizawa and Matsuda.