Chapter 12: Murder

Chapter 12: Murder

Somewhere inside the depths of her mind. A voice whispers, "Do you believe in happy endings?" In a matter of seconds, her mind would immediately respond a simple 'no', before continuing on with her life in the outside world. Her mind wandering away from the deep dark abyss she went into.

I would have never thought that L will come up in front of my doorstep, a box of cake placed in his hands, his slouched tired-looking figure literally standing in front of me.

"What are you doing he-"

"I'm sorry."

He heard no response from you. And before you could try and give one, he already started talking.

"The words I said were horrible. What I said was rude. That was a bad thing to say. The thing is, I'm scared... You are my best friend, my companion, even if time drifts us apart, and distance cuts our bond. I'll always remember you as the girl who saved me from plunging into the complete inhumanity resting inside me.

I just don't want you to get hurt. We are chasing Kira after all. I really do not-"

He was abruptly interrupted as he felt arms wrap around his torso. His free hand returned the hug awkwardly,  patting you on the back.

***

Maybe it's the fact that she needed love, or she wanted admiration. Maybe it's the fact that she didn't know she was already admired.

But she wanted an army.

And so an army, it is. 

"Beyond Birthday. Whereabouts: Unknown.

But I know what ticks you off just right, wait for me Beyond, I'm coming to find you. I know what I want, and I will get it." A sharp, intimidating voice spat out, her (e/c) eyes shimmering in the darkness of her room. 

"It's time I get what I want. The notebook. A name. An army. Death.

I have decided to walk on the path of destruction. After all, the path of evilness is paved with good intentions... used in the wrong way. No longer am I that brat a few years ago,  a brat too scared to move out of hiding. A stupid coward."

"L! Hear this! There had been 13 reported murders at Kanto, Japan! T-they weren't heart attacks! They were all stab wounds!"

'Beyond, you're quick to catch on.'

"This is rather strange. We must go to the crime scene immediately, prepare yourselves. Watari, please bring these requirements I request for." 

"The whole building was closed up. Investigators and the police force are waiting for us to arrive. It's hard to think that this happened just beside a police station."

"Are the bodies still untouched?"

"Yes. They remain untouched, it's good that the police were the only ones who saw the whole scene. The public and the media is still uninformed, it's safe to say that this was done by a professional killer. No one inexperienced can pull off a murder of thirteen people right beside a police station."

We walked toward the bodies. The stench of blood and guts was evident in the air. My nose scrunched up as I covered my nose with a handkerchief. How the hell did the murderer stand this smell? It was horrible!

Analyzing their faces. I realized something. They were not just some "13 people" some "random murderer" killed. 

They were a gang that we are associated with, I talked to their leader once, they were tough and strong. That's what makes this even eerier. It wasn't a killing spree, this was done to send me a message.

By a man who goes by the name of Beyond. This murder was a decoy... and I remember distinctly, that he told me, we were gonna meet again beside blood and death. He told me, in a few years, we are going to meet beside corpses he called as art.

It took me a while to process, but as I felt a pair of eyes watching me, I finally realized why I was so terrified.

Beyond Birthday is still in this room.