Chapter 14: Seek

Chapter 14: Seek

It bugged me, like the walls of my own room were starting to cage me in. I felt like it was moving closer as if it wants to crush me until I can't breathe. Given that, I finally got the courage to stand up.

L being Beyond could change my view of everything.

Would that mean that the person I interacted with back at Wammy's house was L himself? That was his cause of disappearance? 

Taking a deep breath, I immediately gathered what I needed and left the HQ unnoticed, I don't wish to be questioned right now, so I'll save explanations for later. I couldn't tell anyone, obviously. 

'Kanto Japan's Central Library'

Beyond Birthday. I need records of Beyond Birthday as a person. And so I looked up at the building and entered. The smell of old books is evident in the air, I entered, heading straight to the International Section. 

Oh, who am I kidding? That 'section' is literally a whole floor. 

Okay, so the possible titles are 'BB', 'Beyond Birthday', and lastly 'Los Angeles BB Murder Cases'. Though it wouldn't be possible for Beyond Birthday to be there, I don't think L made the criminal's name public. The only thing lingering in my brain was that, was an alias of 'BB' mentioned? 

Okay damn this crap, I have to get started.

T w o  H o u r s  L a t e r

It's no use. I can't find anything. There's nothing about BB, or Beyond Birthday, or the whole case as a whole! I've repeated looking for it, newspaper articles, journals, magazines, there's nothing!

I sighed and was about to leave the place when I remembered something. I almost smacked my head repeatedly but I still need to think correctly so that's obviously a no-no.

The Wara Ningyo Murders.

I remember that being mentioned somewhere within the depths of my brain, I remember hearing that come out of Watari's mouth, I remember hearing that it was connected to Wammy's House.

And who's the only one in Wammy's House that is completely capable of creating a case that complex? 

Beyond Birthday.

I sprinted to the 'W' section, immediately searching for this something. After a few more minutes, I finally found it.

 After a few more minutes, I finally found it

So there was a real case. A physically made one. Digging for more, I found what I needed to know.

Update on The Los Angeles Wara Ningyo Murders: The culprit is now caught by an FBI agent named 'Naomi Misora'.

And a few years after his arrest, on XX-XX-XXXX , serving a life sentence in a California prison, the culprit died of a mysterious heart attack. 

Beyond Birthday truly did exist. That's the only thing that blocks my theory. I went back to the HQ, sighing in exhaustion, I plopped down the couch as I ignored the confused stares that the whole Task Force gave me, except L of course. That man is literally a blank sheet of paper if you don't analyze him better. And now, that I'm exhausted as hell, I don't obviously have the time to 'read his soul' or some poetic crap like that.

"I can smell something that is vanilla-like, sweetly fragrant vanillin, aromatic anisol, and benzaldehyde, with a fruity almond-like odor." L spoke up as the gazes of the task force shifted to him.

Light chuckled, " 'I can smell the scent of old books.', is what he meant to say."

No one spoke. 

Until I interrupted the silence of course. "How much time did you take memorizing that one?" 

"I don't memorize descriptions of taste, smell or something applicable to the things we can perceive with our senses."

I groaned and hugged a couch pillow while I buried my head deeper in it. "I really wonder where the f*** do you store all of the things you know."

"Language, plea-"

"Like, ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN TO BEGIN WITH?!" 

You started crying, then laughed, then cried again, then started laughing again. 

Oh, did I forget? You're going through that time of the month.

Yeah. That.

Light exactly knew what to do, he dealt with this many times with his sister already. He knew L had the things he needed. Light ran to the kitchen, grabbed a tub of ice-cream, chocolates, gummies, jelly beans and a box of cake. He then headed back to the main room, struggling to hold all of those things.

"Are those for me?" L happily asked, his unmotivated aura changing to a bright, happy one.

"Nope."

Aaaaaaaaaand it's back to its normal state.

"Woaaaah! Liiiiiggghttt! You're a freaking savior!!" You screamed as tears fell down from your face. You ran to Light and crushed him in a hug, then you pulled L out of his seat harshly, making him fall to the ground. You then literally dragged him over to the couch.

"I know you're always on your period L. HELP ME EAT THESE."