016 | Jam Session

The sun shined through the large window in the hospital room

The sun shined through the large window in the hospital room. Droplets from the night's rain were scattered amongst the clear glass. The water glistened as the sunbeams pierced through its form. The humanoid and android still had their hands interlocked as a figure entered the room. Erika was still asleep as a man came forward and Connor stayed frozen in his spot. The man folded his arms and let out a cough of disapproval. He coughed once more as Erika woke up with pleasant eyes as she was able to sleep soundly for the night.

"Mo-orning Hank", she said as yawned a bit.

"Morning", his eyes made it's way to Erika's hand in Connor's," I've got some good news"

"You've quit drinking?", Erika questioned in a sarcastic tone.

"No...uh-", Hank was stumbled by this statement, but pressed forward and teased her with words she's been wanting to hear," I could just tell the doctor to not discharge you-"

"No wait", Erika said with an outstretched arm as Hank pretended to leave the room," I was just joking--so I can go home?"

"That's what I thought", Hank let out a chuckle as he made his way back to Erika. He told Connor to wait outside once more as he wanted to talk with Erika. Although the android was hesitant for he wanted to make sure she was alright but obeyed his partner's order.

"Hhmmm, so what happened?", Hank questioned his daughter-figure with a raised eyebrow.

"No-nothing happened!", she chirped at the question, but her reaction said otherwise.

"You two didn't-", Hank started, but was abruptly stopped with Erika's words.

"Oh-no...God no", she said with a subtle blush at the thought," we just talked and it was a good talk, then I fell asleep...geez Hank we're just friends"

"Mmhmm", Hank nodded at Erika as he bluntly accepted her answer.

"Okay change of subject, if I'm leaving today so I get a change of clothes?", she asked and Hank nodded by grabbing a duffle bag from the floor and placed by her feet. She smiled widely since she hated these hospital clothes and wanted to be herself again.

"So now my other question", Erika stated as she looked back at Hank," wh-where will I be staying?

"That, kid is a surprise", he said as he stood up and headed out the door," I'll be outside, just tell if you need help"

"Will do", she said as she grabbed the bag at her feet and examined its contents. Her mother packed the clothing since it was neatly organized and contained at least three outfit combinations to suit the day's weather. She looked out the window to grasp what the weather was like but it was hard to determine. Luckily, a staff nurse entered to assist with removing the IV and other medical instruments she was attached to. She thanked the nurse and asked for the weather. Erika nodded at the woman's response and got out of the hospital bed as the nurse left.