008 | Dead End

The two entered a side room that was completely white and appeared clean. A complete contrast to the poorly lit room they were in prior. Inside the room was a sight neither of the two wanted to see.

 Inside the room was a sight neither of the two wanted to see

An operation table

An operation table.

Connor held in a feeling of anger as he examined the room. Blue-blood was stained on the bench and traces of human blood was evident. Connor saw the door bent in a similar fashion as to the caddy and scanned the surface. He found left-hand prints with the absence of the right hand.

"She was in here and against her will", Connor implied," but these marks are sloppy"

Connor trailed off and tried to find anything to complete his assumption. He found a sedative drug container shattered on the floor and a syringe. He made the connection.

 He made the connection

"Victim was drugged,,

Connor went over and reconstructed the event. He saw Erika fending for herself from a man trying to inject her with the drug and some time during her struggle she managed to slap the attacker's hand away. The event ended with her attempting to leave the room by punching the door.

"No that can't be it", Connor said with frustration," there needs to be more evidence"

Connor's LED flickered from red to yellow. His eyebrows were furrowed as he turned back around to find anything else, anything to find closure.

"rA9,,

Connor stopped and remembered the wall written with rA9 all over. He turned and found a wall covered by a drape. He quickly pulled the dark fabric to reveal the writings.

"rA9", Connor scanned," there were deviants here, but huh-"

Hank joined him to view the wall. Uninterested after a couple of seconds he went back and sat at the couch. He let out a sigh and played with a puzzle cube he found on the cushions. He turned the colors around and felt one give way to his finger. Now curious the lieutenant pressed the button and a door opened up to the living room.

"Thank god", Hank put the cube down and headed that way, separating himself from Connor.

Connor still analyzing the wall, spoke his thoughts.

"In the evidence file this wall was cleared and displayed in the memory file", Connor computed his thoughts," and it was covered...someone was here recently"

"Hank the suspect is still-", Connor turned to find himself alone and an opening in the wall. A raspy yell was heard and Connor got into action. He ran to the opening and followed the yelling. The lieutenant was under attack by a masked figure clad in all black. Connor jumped in and pushed the figure away from his partner, resulting in him sparing with it instead. Although Connor didn't mind, he dodged each punch with ease. The masked figure kicked Connor back and ran off. The detective propped himself up again and chased after the figure. It brought him through the living room again and upstairs to the bedroom. Connor scanned the room to locate the intruder, but nothing. Instead of silence, he heard a loud crash and the sound of shattering glass. He ran to the window in the bathroom and saw a lifeless body on the street.

"What the hell was that Connor", Hank ran in questioning his partner.

"I'm not sure", Connor stared out the window to see the body no longer there. His eyes widened and ran down the stairs to attempt to chase the suspect.

"Connor!", Hank yelled out as Connor was out of the building chasing the black figure.

On foot, the figure ran down the street towards a culdesac. A confused look made it's way to Connor's face. 

Why would it trap itself?

Connor ran after it at a faster pace to only be outsmarted as it slid into a storm drain. Connor ready to follow was stopped by an out of breath Hank.

"Co...Connor", Hank caught his breath,"We'll get it later"

The lieutenant placed his hand on Connor's shoulder to stabilize himself as his breaths became normal. Connor analyzed the drainage system; no plausible way of entry from service routes nor was there a way the figure could have gone out. As he stepped down to analyze the system some more his foot made contact with a small device. It was compact and similar to the letter "E" engraved on it. He picked it up and placed it into his coat pocket. He needed to know more and the last place he knew that they could get some answers was to head to the other side of town.

"Hank we have one place left to go", Connor said as they walked back over the building.

"Before that, I managed to get some information from the neighbors", Hank said and handed his partner his notepad.

Connor's eyes widen and hurried on to the car. Hank in disbelief followed and started the engine. He typed in the coordinates of the coroner's office.

"Time to meet her boyfriend", Hank said as he put the gear into drive and headed east.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Sorry for the semi-short chapter, I just started summer classes and I've been scatter brained

Sorry for the semi-short chapter, I just started summer classes and I've been scatter brained. Leave some comments on what you think will happen next, it just might be correct!