' Chapter Twenty-One

Martell's POV:

I was in the middle of eating when Montae walked back through the door. I could look at his face and tell something was wrong, but I wasn't going to ask.

" What took you so long? " I asked him.

" My grandma needed me for something. " he said.

" Oh, that's wassup! " I said, not buying into his excuse.

" Yeah, what you eating? "

" Chicken, want some? "

He shook his head no.

" Bruh, what's wrong with you? " I asked him.

He started to cry, laying his head on my chest.

Montae's POV:

The dream I had started off weird as hell. I was wearing all white, surrounded by this white fog, and in front of me, there was this white door! I didn't want to be like the white folks in movies and open the door, then you die, but something told me to open the door. Something I wanted for a long time would be behind it. I opened the door, and there was my father. He had on a long white gown, golden slippers, and angel wings. I knew where I was now.

I walked a little closer to where he was, but he told me to stop!

" Hey son? " he said.

" Dad? "

" Yes, how you been? " he said.

" Good, I guess. " I replied.

" I see you've found someone! " he said.

" Dad, I........."

" No, don't talk, I need to apologize. That day I should have protected you! I honestly didn't know that they would do that to you. Take back, I did but I was too drunk and crazy to even realize it! It's a horrible memory for me and I didn't mean for it to go down like that! I should have been there for you and I'm sorry! No one is the blame for my drinking and stuff but myself. You shouldn't have had to deal with all my crap, so I apologize from the deepest part of my heart! I hurt you by my actions, and I now realize that, but listen; I'm glad you've forgiven me! Your grandmother did well with, and by you. Keep Martell, that's a real man. He can show you things that I didn't! " he said.

I fell to my knees, and cried and cried.

" Pick your head up, all this crying and stuff stops now! Do me a favor and wake up? Wake up? Wake up? " he said, as his voice started to faint.

I woke up coughing like my lungs had just been taken out. I gained my oxygen back, and deeply inhaled to make sure I was okay.

" You aight, boy? " Martell asked me with a frightened look on his face.

" Yes, I'm fine. " I replied.

" I didn't wake you because you kept whispering ' daddy '! I figured ya'll was having a conversation. " Martell raised his eyebrow.

I turned to look at him and I gave him a tight hug, and started crying. Why do I cry so damn much?

" It's okay, I'm here for you! What ever you need I got it. " Martell said.

Raven's POV:

I was sitting on the couch when my mother walked through the door.

" Hey Ma', how was your day? " I asked her.

" It was good, I guess. How's Martell? " she asked.

" He gets out tomorrow. Montae's with him though! " I informed her.

" Boy, that's Bonnie and Clyde right there. " she laughed.

" Ma', there's something I really need to tell you. Can you sit down? " I said, motioning for her.

" Yes baby, what's going on? " she asked.

" You have to promise not to get mad at me. " I said.

" Okay, okay. What's going on? " she said.

" Ma'? I'm pregnant. " I said, waiting for her to go off!

" I knew that! The last few days, you been walking around here like a pregnant woman. " she laughed. " I'm just glad you told me, instead of hiding it from me! "

" I promise that I'll take of my child, get a job, find a day care, do..... "

" Rae, just relax. I trust you and I know what you're capable of doing! I'm kind of upset, but you're my child, and no matter what I'll be here for you. " she said.

" Thanks Ma', I love you. " I said, hugging her.

" I love you too, sweetie. " she said.

Martell's POV:

It was morning, and I was ready to go home! I missed spending time with my family, and Montae. It was something that I never want to go through again. I will get out of here, do right by everything, and just move on with my life!

" You got it, babe? " Montae asked, helping me get out the bed.

" Yeah, just need to get used to walking again! I been lying down entirely too long. " I said.

" Yes, you have! We on a tight schedule. " I said, rushing him.

" Dang, I'm coming. " I laughed.

He helped me into the car, and we drove off! We were riding down the road blasting Don't Think They Know by Chris Brown. I would have drove, but I only had one arm.

We pulled up in the driveway, and all kind of cars were there. My family cars, of course! I got out the car, up the porch, and into the front door.

" Welcome home, Martell! " everyone yelled. Naiyah was the first one to come up and hug me.

" I miss you! " she said.

" I miss you, too! Thanks everybody for coming. " I said.

I then walked up to my room, sat my things down, and came back downstairs! I sat next to Montae who sat next to Danielle.

" Honey, you are good! You are a true boyfriend. You stayed by his side the whole time, and never left, so I applaud you for that. " Danielle said.

" Well, when you've found someone you can really count on, it's a blessing. " he said, looking at me.

" Amen! " she said, giving him a high five.

Raven tapped me on my shoulder.

" Can I talk to you? " she asked.

" Sure. "

We walked down the hallway, by the back door.

" Okay, I'm about to tell you something and I don't want you to get mad! " she said.

" I won't get mad. " I replied.

" I'm pregnant. "