' Chapter Eighteen

Montae's POV:

The week was going by pretty fast. The photo shoot was a sexy success, and my mother was happy, but I missed my baby! After dancing with Marcus, I at least owe Martell an explanation.

Martell: " Why the fuck you ain't been answering the phone? "

Montae: " Woah, calm down. First of all you haven't called me and secondly, don't talk to me like that. "

Martell: " Mane, don't try to fucking play me! "

Montae: " What the fuck you mean play you, I ain't been doing shit to you! "

Martell: " All this time away you spending, this shit has to stop. You got me hustling, working my ass off for you! "

Montae: " For me? What the fuck you mean for me? I ain't never asked you to do shit for me, I can hold my own, and you know that! I ain't the reason why you was out there selling drugs in the first place, that was your decision. Take care of your family, and worry about me later! "

Martell: " Man, don't fucking test me. "

Montae: " Martell, how the fuck have I been testing you? I ain't been home all week. I'm going all fucking crazy over these meetings and shit, trying to find the time for your ass, but I can't! Come to think that I actually missed you, but now I don't. You need to get your shit together, because this shit you doing right now ain't gonna' cut it. "

Martell: " And that's the problem, you been so distant ever since I told you that I sold dope! I'm trying to be smarter about everything, but how can I do that without you? You on my mind 24/7 and I can never stop thinking about you. I just......"

Montae: " I understand, but you still have to find a way to deal with it! After we graduate, the only us that will be left will be long distance. You going to Texas and I'm staying with my mom, two different careers. I'm sorry about being gone so long, it's just that I didn't want nobody to get hurt. "

Martell: " So you being selfish? "

Montae: " Selfish? How am I being selfish? You know what, I'm done. Goodnight! "

Martell: " Montae don't you...."

I hung up. I didn't know what was wrong with him but he needed to fix it! I stared at the wall, got up, and looked at my designs. I took them and threw them and knocked everything off the walls, dressers, you name it! I took all the sheets off the bed, then I flopped down on the floor, and buried my face in my arms.

Martell's POV:

I know I fucked up and I didn't mean for things to go down like that with me and Montae. He didn't deserve the anger I had built up, all because of the bad choices I made. He was right! He never asked me for anything. What I did for him, I wanted to do it! When he tried to for me, I wouldn't let him. I felt like he shouldn't spend his money on me, but he did anyways. I sat up on the couch, and buried my face in my palms, shaking my head.

" You aight bruh? " Mike asked.

" Hell naw. " I sighed.

" Look bruh, you have to start thinking about what you do before you do it! You lost your dad to the dope game, why would you do it? I understand you needed money and all, but there are better ways you could have handled things. You have to start thinking about whats best for you. You're one day away from being done with the whole dope boy thing and after that you can focus on school, your family, and Montae. You have to sit down and talk things out, you can't just go yelling because you mad. "