' Chapter Two : Part Two

Montae's POV:

" Graaannnnaaayyy? " I yelled.

" Boy, what in the hell do you want? " she walked down the hall with the dish rag in her hand, placing them on her hips.

" Granny, I'm hungry. " I cried. I crawled on the floor and whined just to exaggerate the fact.

" What the hell I look like? You got money, buy you something to eat. I told you I wasn't cooking tonight! " she reminded me.

" I don't want no fast food, though. " I whined. Jumping up and down like a little ass child.

" Boy, if you don't get cho' ass up and stop acting like you're four years old? Don't play with me. " she warned me.

I got up off the floor because I knew what was best for my life. My grandma didn't play!

" Granny, I need to talk. " I said depressingly.

" What's going on, baby, talk to me. " she sat on on my bed.

" Well, there's this guy......."

" Hold up now, last time you told me bout' one of them lil' boys, you got your heartbroken. " she interrupted.

" No, he-he's different, I think. He seems like a cool guy, and he cute too grandma. He's light skinned...... "

" I expected that. What you wanna' talk about, seems to me like you just describing em'? " she replied.

" It's just that ever since that stuff went down with my mother and father, I don't quite feel that I can trust a man, you know? "

" I see where you're coming from, but you can't miss out on an opportunity of a lifetime trying to compare things from the past to it! You can't sit around dwelling on the fact that someone might do the same thing your father did to you, and they won't because I'm gonna' make sure they don't. You talk to that boy, ya'll have fun, and if it ain't meant to be? You'll know. " she ranted, hugging me tight.

That's why I loved this lady so much, no one understands me like she does. No one can care for me like she does, not even my own mother. For all I know, she could be six feet under. I haven't seen her in about four years.

" So, is that what happend between you and Deacon Reese? " I chuckled.

" Oh, so you wanna' play? " she gave me a serious face. " But I'm serious, baby, grandma's always gonna be here. "

" I love you granny. " I said hugging her.

" I love you too my baby, now what are you gonna' eat? " she asked me.

" I don't know, probably some pizza? " I sighed.

" Well, whenever you order it.....get me some too. " she ran out of the room like something was about to bite her.

" Now how you.......nevermind. What kind you want, old lady? " I took my phone off the charger, opening the Pizza Hut app.

" First of all, I ain't old and secondly, I want saushit! " she yelled from the kitchen.

" It aint saushit, it's sausage! " I corrected her.

" It's whatever the hell I say it is! " she argued back.

" Whatever, and you better not be in their cooking either! " I yelled.

Martell's POV:

Business today was slow as hell, which was wierd, cause' we normally be jumping on Thursdays. It's all good though, it's giving me time to think about Montae.

" Yo, you alright? You been slackin' off, homie. " Tevin interrupted my thoughts.

" Naww nigga, business slow today. " I argued.

" No, you been off your post, boy. Your money been coming, but you sending em' the other way? If you thinking about ole' boy, you need to get him off your mind, quick. You know how this business runs mane, and as your friend? I don't wanna' see you hurt. " he seemed concerned.

" Man, I got this. He's not the reason why I'm distand, I've been dealing with some family stuff. " I confessed. I was hopeing he wouldn't ask me what was wrong, but Tevin was my nigga!

" What's going on? You don't have to tell me, if it's too personal. " Tevin stated.

" It's personal, but I feel like telling somebody will prolly' make me feel better. You see my sister, Naiyah, went to the hospital yesterday. We found out that she.........." I had to stop before I started crying, but before I knew it tears were rushing down my face.

" Look mane, It's gonna' be alright, okay? Go home, get yourself self together, and meet me back here in about a week, and tell ma' and Raven I said hello. " Tevin hugged me.

I rushed to my Impala. As soon as I sat down, put on my seat belt, and started the car, tears were coming down, full blast. I began to get weak, and all I could do was place my head on the steering wheel. I couldn't lose my little lady, not to cancer!