' Chapter Nineteen

Montae's POV:

My mind went blank, my body numb. This was news that I never thought I'd get. Not from my grandmother, not from anyone. I was still at the airport when she called me, which made the situation a lot worse! I rushed to get on the plane, but the only thing I could really do was sit here, and wait for the ride to be over.

Soon enough, I was back in Atlanta. I rushed through the lobby of the airport, and found my grandmother. She smiled at my sighting.

" Hey, my baby? " she cooed, hugging me. " How was the flight? "

" It was good, I guess. Look, I'm sorry to cut this short, but can you please take me home so I can go to the hospital? " I cried.

" Yes, honey! Dry your tears, you'll be there before you know it. " she dryed my face, taking me to the car.

The ride to the house was completely silent. I didn't have anything to say, or do. We pulled up in the driveway. I got out to take my bags in the house and I quickly ran back, and was on my way to the hospital. The ride there was hard as hell and I couldn't see the road because I was crying so hard. I couldn't deal with the thought of Martell in a casket. I would die. I would just.........lose it!

I arrived at the hospital, still crying and mad.

" Armstrong? " I asked the receptionist.

" Room 207. "

" Thank you. " I nodded, walking away.

I got to the room 207, opened the door, and my heart dropped. Seeing Martell in a hospital bed made me go crazy! I also saw Raven, and some boy. She quickly ran over to me.

" No, no, no, don't cry! Don't you do it. " she begged, hugging me tight. " You're the only hope we have left. He won't eat, he won't do anything. Doctor says that he's okay, nothing major is wrong, just he can't talk, but he'll gain his speech again tomorrow. " she informed me.

" I gotchu'. " I knodded my head. She then walked out of the room, and closed the door, leaving Martell and I alone.

I walked over to the bed and just examined him as he was laying there. All these tubes connected to him, all these bandages on him.

" Martell, please don't go. I love you and I need you! If you leave me, I don't know what I'd do. I apologize for not calling you when I know I should have and I'm sorry I wasn't there when I know I needed to be. I left you alone, and I put business before you and I shouldn't have. I can't take back what I did, I can only make a difference now. I want to be the best man that I can be and I-I'm sorry! " I cried.

After I said my speech, I felt someone grab my hand tightly. It was Martell. He was looking at me, crying!

" M-Montae, you owe me no expl-anation. Y-You've done everythi-thing you were supposed to do for me! I-I over reacted, and y-you didn't deserve the anger I built up. I love you, and I'll s-see you soon? " he smiled.

" What? "

After that, the machine did that long beeping noise and a bell started to ring. " Martell? Martell? Wake up! Wake up! " I yelled as the nurses rushed in, and rushed me out. " No! No! No! NO! " I screamed.

I ran out of the hospital to my car. I got in and slammed the door and I cried, and cried, and cried! I cried so much, that I began to get headache, and I could barely breathe. I sat there for 15 minutes thinking about the times we had together. The day we met, the day I spilled that food on myself, and he helped me. I was thankful for him now more than I ever was! I didn't want to think about this anymore! I needed to go somewhere and get my mind off this.