' Chapter Twelve

Montae's POV:

The next morning was hell. I woke up sore, barely able to walk, and we were late for school. I tried to wake Martell up.

" Bae? Bae? Get up, we gotta' go. " I said, shaking him. He groaned.

" Whatchu' talking about? " he said, rubbing his eyes.

" We have to get to school, we're late. " I said, pointing at the clock.

" No, they canceled it. A pipe bursted open and flooded the whole school, now come back to bed. " he informed me, pulling me back on the bed.

" How'd you find out? "

" Momma told me when she came by to drop off breakfast, it's downstairs. "

I got up out of bed, and headed downstairs. I was hungry as hell! Once I made it downstairs, I saw a Whataburger bag on the table. I looked inside and I saw three sausage bobs. Boy how I loved these. I picked it up, unwrapped it, and took a bite. My mouth watered from the juicy goodness of the breakfast on a bun. I later felt Martell grab me by my waist, and kiss my cheek. He yawned and looked inside the fridge.

" Good ain't it? " he laughed, pouring a glass of orange juice.

" Shut up! " I said, with my mouth full. " You're not eating? "

" Not hungry. " He took a sip of the orange juice.

" You need to eat, boy. "

" Whatever. Let's say we get dressed, go see Naiyah, and I'll take you to lunch? " he suggested.

" Sounds good. How is she? "

" A lot better. She's back to normal, they just want to run a few more tests on her. "

" That's great! I'm finna go find something to wear. " I told him. " Oh yeah, you need to throw that nut filled towel away before your mother sees it. " I said.

" I think she already saw it. " he laughed.

" Foreal? That's not even funny. "

Martell's POV:

We took our showers and got dressed to go see Naiyah. She was so happy to see me, but over joyed at the sight of Montae. She begged him to tell her more stuff about fashion, and he had no problem with doing so. Yeah, she's doing perfectly fine.

After we left the hospital, we went to lunch. It wasn't anything too fancy because Montae wouldn't allow me to, so went to this diner. It was a nice, quiet place.

" What did you think about last night? " I asked him. He blushed.

" It was aight. " he shook his hand.

" Now, why you lying? You liked it. "

" Naw, I loved it. "

" Oh, so it was like that? "

" Don't think I'm dickmatized, now because we can go there if you want to. " he raised his eyebrow.

All of a sudden, I got this feeling of pressure on my bladder. I knew what time it was. I excused myself, and went to the bathroom.

Montae's POV:

As soon as Martell left, his phone rang. I wasn't going to answer it, but then I read the caller ID and it was Tevin.

" Hello? "

" Montae? "

" Yes. "

" Did you know that Martell sold dope? "

" No. "

" Well, I think that you should end ya'lls relationship. Since he been hanging with you all the time, he never has time to sell. Our capital thinks that he's being funny with our money. "

" Only a snitch would tell them niggas who he been with, and that snitch is you! All this time, you been hating on Martell, but what the fuck for? Yall bestfriends, why would you betray him like that? " I asked him.

" Cause he got something that I want. "

" And what is that? "

" You. "

" You're pathetic, Tevin. " I chuckled.

I hung up the phone. I wasn't really pissed that Martell sold drugs, he's still my baby, but why didn't he tell me? Did he think I would run out on him? Get mad, and never speak to him again? What was it? I decided not to bring it up because lunch was going well, and I didn't want to ruin anything. I guess that's what my ass get for being nosey.

He came back, and sat down at the table. He checked his phone, and went right back to the conversation.

" Now, where were we? " he said, licking his lips.

" I don't know, you tell me. " I stated.

" You aight? " he asked.

" Yea, what makes you think somethings wrong? "

" Bruh, we been dating long enough for me to be able to look at you and tell if something wrong. "

" I'm fine, trust me. "

After that, the waitress gave us our food, and we ate. We kind of shared laughs and what not, but I was still salty. I tried not to let it show, but this isn't acting! This comes from the heart. We finally finished, paid the bill, and left. We stopped in this empty parking lot.

" Montae, I gotta tell you something. I should have told you this from the start. " he said, holding my hand. " I don't want you to leave me, or be mad. I didn't tell you because I was scared that this would happen. The job that I picked up a long time ago was selling drugs. "

" I'm not mad at the fact that you sale drugs, just mad that you didn't tell me! We're in a relationship and you can talk to me about stuff like that. " I replied.

" Thank you God! " he sighed, leaning over to kiss me.

" I love you. "

" I love you, too. I was thinkin' that we'd take another vacation this weekend? "

" I don't think I would be able to attend. "

" Why not? "

" Not only do I have a performance this weekend, they on your ass. When we were at lunch, Tevin called and said that since you been hanging with me and ain't been selling enough, they think you messing around with they money. "

" I knew that nigga was snitching. Damn man! " he yelled, madly hitting the steering wheel.

" I think I know what would be best for us. " I said.

" What? "