' Chapter Thirteen

Montae's POV:

I was beyond pissed! Not only because they rescheduled the performance to two months from now, or the fact that our whole summer, we'd be in school, all because they were too lazy to fix the broken pipe! I was mad because I was ignoring Martell and I know I shouldn't be, but I had to distance myself. That would be better for the both of us!

" You can't keep that boy on hold because of something he was afraid to tell you. " Grandma Nelly said, sitting on the edge of my bed.

" It's not the fact that he sells drugs, it's the fact that he kept it from me! I know for a fact that I'm being extra, but I'm not going to admit it. " I said.

" I understand, but he did tell you. He could have chose not to tell you and then you would have really been pissed. "

" I know granny. I need a vacation, I need to get away. Not because of you, I love being here. I don't really think that I thanked you for taking me in and taking care of me. " I said, hugging her.

" I know baby, and I'm glad I chose to take care of you. Call your mother, I think she wanted to talk to you. " she said, leaving into the kitchen.

" Yes ma'am. " I picked up my phone, and called my mother.

Her: " Hello? "

Me: " Hey Ma', how are you? "

Her: " I'm great, and you? "

Me: " I'm good. Did you need me to call? "

Her: " Yes. So, you remember before I left, I told you I was going to bring you to my job?

Me: " Yes ma'am."

Her: " So, I'm not busy next week, and I want you to come meet a few people. I showed them your designs, and they want to talk to you. "

Me: " Oh my gosh, are you serious? "

Him: " Yes, I told them that you wanted to go to school and everything! Not only did they agree to pay for your school, but when you finish, they've got a job right here for you. "

Me: " Ma', thank you! " I started crying. " You don't know how much this means to me. "

Her: " Aww baby, it's okay! Be ready tomorrow at 8. I'm going to pick you up, and we're going to fly back."

Me: " Yes ma'am. I love you ma'! "

Her: " I love you too, baby. "

Martell's POV:

I didn't know what was going on! I hadn't seen Montae since we had lunch three weeks ago. This is what I was afraid of! He would run out on me, and never talk to me again. It wasn't like that though. We texted and talked on the phone all the time, but as far as seeing him or taking him out? He wasn't having it! I really didn't know what to do, but all I know is that I had to grind harder than any other time. Maybe thats why he left?

I went out on my post and gave everything I had! Selling my whole stash, offering to anybody, doing what I knew. By the end of the night, I had raised 15k. I wanted Kenny off my back and I wanted my baby to be safe, as well as my family. While driving home, I decided to call Montae. I needed to check on my baby and just make sure he was alright.

Me: " Hey baby, whatchu' up to? "

Him: " Nothing, got some good news today. "

Me: " Talk to me. "

Him: " Well, the fashion company my mom works for is offering to pay for my college, and they're offering me a job after I finish. "