Chapter Twenty

Oh it was loud.

Frightening.

Intimidating to onlookers whom stepped out of their respective rooms to check on the ruckus.

He was going to die.

Sasuke, anybody, please help...

Hinata stood with one hand on her hip, readily nose and eyes with Naruto. He didn't think she was capable of looking so... mean. He was paralyzed in fear. Afraid to speak, blink, look away, or breathe. His large eyes remained focused on the much smaller, much angrier, form in front of him.

"You left before we could finish our little chat the other day. I have a lot to say to you, Naruto."

"You do?" His voice came out as a squeak from his dry throat. "About what..?"

"Oh I think you know what this is about.." Hinata replied through gritted teeth.

"You look.. umm.. concerned.."

"Concerned? Do I look concerned, Naruto?" Her eyes widened to frightening perimeters as she tilted her head to the side. Naruto hadn't seen Hinata in a while, but she wasn't this crazy when he left. This was definitely Sasuke's doing. Every girl that ever went after Sasuke or dated Sasuke was this way. It must be an Uchiha thing..

"Why is it you've given Sasuke such a shitty deal?"

"This is about Sasuke? Oh thank god, I thought you were going to castrate me and admit your love to me or something." Naruto laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head. After seeing she wasn't laughing all that much he cleared his throat and nodded. "Sasuke agreed to the deal, I just don't think there is a way I can convince the village elders to let him off like the other three stooges."

"Then it's off. No deal."

"Hinata..!"

"Not until you promise him a pardon." Naruto groaned and shoved his hands in his pockets, "If I were you, I would be worried about my own pardoning. You have no clue how close you are to being labeled a rogue ninja."

"I'm not here to talk about me. My focus is on Sasuke."

"Why? You really think he'll be good to you? You think he'll keep you around and protect you?"

"That doesn't matter."

"It does..! Because you're doing all of this for him and what if he's using you??? Then what?"

"You mean like you're using him right now?? Look, Sasuke can do whatever he wants and you can think of me as whatever you want but this is my family now and I'm not going to let you offer them some half assed deal. Those are the terms, take it or leave it."

Naruto blew loudly and rolled his eyes, "Fine, I'll talk to the elders, but I'm not promising anything. I swear you two are crazy. You want to jump me over him .. he wants to jump me over you.. sheesh.." He ran a hand through his hair, "anything else Uchiha Princess?"

Hinata's eyes widened and her cheeks reddened. If only Naruto would've kept his mouth shut a little longer..

She sent him flying down the hall, screaming the entire way. "What did you call me?!"

~~~

After all that commotion, the group was forced to relocate to a smaller inn. Sasuke wasn't all that happy about it, but after having the previous room destroyed, what could he say?

He didn't even ask what she said to Naruto. He probably already knew. He had a way of finding out things that he didn't need to, which was why he was annoying.