Chapter Eleven

Some fluff in this here chapter. *says in hickest voice one can muster* Okay, I'll stop. Enjoy. ~ Author-Chan

 ~~~

"You.. told me to stay out of your way.. but you don't really plan on attacking the leaf, do you?" Hinata tried not to sound too concerned, she tried to put up a tough front but the thought of Sasuke doing something so stupid disappointed her more than she cared to admit.

They had been in Kiri for two whole days and Karin had absolutely gone wild with Suigetsu at the fair. Not that Hinata really blamed her, everything looked so fun. There were tons of water slides and swimming activities and the weather was just great. Not too hot and not too cold. However, Hinata didn't know how to swim and therefore she opted to stay out of the water.

While Karin, Suigetsu, and Jugo were out enjoying themselves Hinata was tagging along with Sasuke to one of his meetings. He wasn't in a very talkative mood to say the very least but she had gotten so used to his secretive nature that it didn't seem to bother her as much as it used to. He could really grow on people if he actually hung around long enough to do so.

"You sound worried." That wasn't a question, it was more so an observation. "I was just hoping that you weren't really that stupid."

"Tch." Sasuke seemed a little taken aback by her response, but then again nothing really surprised him anymore.

"Why aren't you swimming or something?"

"Why are you avoiding my questions? You know I haven't really been asking as much as I usually do.. I figured you would continue to tell me things, you've already told me so much." Sasuke didn't respond immediately, but after a few minutes of silence he inhaled deeply and started talking. "I'm going to meet a messenger from the Leaf."

"What?"

"Back at the mountain, Naruto was there because I summoned him. I planned it all, I lied about it. But I didn't plan on you and Karin running into the enemy."

"I thought those men on the mountain were your allies, through Orochimaru?"

"Orochimaru had no allies, only acquaintances."

"If you're working with Naruto, why did we steal from him?"

"We didn't. He knew I was coming for the scroll, he had it laid out for me." Hinata stopped walking and stared at him with her mouth agape, "Excuse me?? You had me sneaking around that place like I was- Sasuke!" She smacked his arm, "Why would you do me that way?? I thought we were really betraying some people!" She watched as a grin crossed his face, "I thought it made things a little more fun. Besides, had those goons on the mountain seen me waltz in the hokage tower in broad daylight they would've known something was up. We had to play the part right, Hinata."

"Well why didn't you just tell me privately??"

"Because I had a hunch that you suck at acting."

"I have a hunch that you should shut up." Hinata crossed her arms over her chest as she fought back a smile. They continued walking casually down the empty street. Everyone was busy with the fair, leaving the back streets pretty vacant.

"I want you to keep a distance, unless you want Naruto to know where you are."

"Do you think he would try to drag me back to the Leaf?"  Sasuke practically snorted. "You're asking me if Naruto would try and drag you back to the Leaf Village??"