Chapter 13: Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

I try my very hardest to be a polite and delightful woman at the table, just like the other women. I do not want to embarrass myself. I daintily pick up my fork and pick up a bite. I take the bite off of my fork to taste the lovely meal made for us. I finish off my plate of food and look around the table. I feel selfish and rude because all of the other ladies haven't finished their plate of food and they are finished eating. Maybe I should have left some food on my plate.

"Do not worry, Cherie," Charles whispers to me. "Those women's husbands don't let them eat until they are full because they don't want their wives getting fat is all. I am glad that you eat until you are full, do not ever be embarressed by that. I for one, love that about you." He smiles at me a genuine, perfect white smile.  "I do feel sorry for them though. The other reason that their husbands don't let them eat lots is because they like to have rough bed play and they don't want their wives getting sick from all the motion." He scrunches up his nose at that. "Those men do not respect their women and I hate that fact. I will always respect my wife. She may refuse my help and my bed play any time she choses."

I smile full heartedly at him. He really is a magnificent man. I would really consider marrying him. if I chose to marry, he would be my choice of man to marry. I think I should appoligize for getting angry at him this morning. He only allowed himself to sleep in my bed because he thought it was what I wanted. He was just being caring and thinking of me and I got mad at him for that. I smile at the other ladies around the table and they all smile back. 

I look at Charles and he is looking at me. I give him a look that tells him I will be a good hostess. I stand up and walk around the table, gathering up the dishes and cutlery that everyone is finished with. They all say their thank yous to me for taking their dishes and before I walk through the kitchen door, I glance at Charles and he has a wide grin spread across his face. I nod at him and continue through the kitchen door. 

I place the dirty dishes on the counter next to the ink and realize that Rosie is no longer even in the kitchen, it is empty. There is absolutely no one in the kitchen besides me. That is odd, I think to myself. Why would she have any reason to leave the kitchen on such an occasion as this one? I see no reason for her to leave the kitchen when it is her job to be in it tonight for the party and cleaning up everything. 

 I brush it off and leave the kitchen. I smile as I enter the dining room again. I sit down next to Charles and I smile at him. I find him smiling widely back at me, his eyes sparkling. I feel a spark of strong feelings deep in my heart and it makes me smile even wider and makes me glance down at his lips. I blush, but I do not look away. I think about kissing him, but I know that I cannot kiss him here in front of all of these people.

Then all of a sudden, he places his fingers under my chin and rests his palm on my cheek. He pulls my face closer to his and places the softest of kisses on my lips. The kiss filling my heart with even more busrts of feelings and bringing sensations I have only a few times experienced come out on my skin. My lips tingle where he kissed them and I feel dizzy. 

I hear several gasps from a few women at the table. I am startled by them and jerk away from Charles with a gasp of my own. He gently places his hand on the small of my back and it comforts me. I smile at him and lean into his body as he wraps his arms around me in a hug. I smile at the warmth that the hug brings to me. 

I do not bother with anyone else in the room, I simply focus on Charles. His smile, his four o'clock shadow from not having shaved this morning, the small perky stuble enticing me. I graze the back of my hand over the stuble, it scratches the back of my hand and makes me let out a small giggle. 

"Let's start paying less attention to each other and m attention to our guests now, Lady Anderson. We are still hosting a party, we must be good hosts, we cannot deglect our duty as hosts. Alright, Emalia? Why don't we move the party out onto the dance floor, what do you think, Cherie?"