A Soon to be Mother's Day

Comenzar desde el principio

      "Stay away from me," Niall whimpered, backing away as Zayn reached out a hand. Tears were cascading down Niall's cheeks, the one that Zayn hit a bright red, and sobs were the only sound in the room. 

      "Niall, please, I'm-" 

     "Don't, Zayn, just don't," Niall cried, flinching as Zayn stepped forward. "I'm going to go." Without another word, Niall turned and hurried towards the front door, grabbing his jacket. 

     "Baby, wait, please," Zayn pleaded as he rushed towards his boyfriend, watching the silent tears roll down his face. "Babe, please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you. You know I would never. I just got caught in the moment." 

     "I'm sorry, too, Zayn, but I-I have to go," Niall whispered, fleeing from the house. Zayn watched in the doorway as Niall got into his car and drove off. Zayn, with a heavy heart, headed back inside, left to think about what he had done. He had actually hit Niall, something he had promised himself he would never do. 

     Sinking down at the couch, Zayn put his head in his hands. He knew that being pregnant was difficult, but it was hard to deal with those people, too! "I'm so sorry, Ni, so sorry," Zayn breathed quietly. The TV was still on, but it no longer mattered to him. "I'm so sorry." And then he wept. 

~~

     Niall hadn't spoken to Zayn in six days. He was still mad at the boy for hitting him, but he also missed him and wished that he would have come after him. After Niall had drove off, he rode around town for a while before he decided to drop in at Louis and Harry's house, some friends of theirs. 

      The two had let him in immediately, and had taken good care of him, hardly giving him time to be alone. Niall was very thankful for everything that the married couple had done, but it wasn't the same as when he was with Zayn. He desperately wanted to be back in Zayn's arms, to have Zayn kiss him and tell him how much he loved him. But all he got were several texts and calls from the raven haired boy, begging him to come home. 

     Zayn had also informed him that he wouldn't be leaving to go back to his family on Mother's day. Niall had allowed himself to text back, saying he would be leaving for Ireland at ten in the morning on Sunday. That day was tomorrow, and Louis and Harry had gone back to his house to get stuff for him to leave. 

     Louis came back angry, but Harry came back calmly, saying that they talked it over with Zayn and knew everything was going to be alright. Niall was currently alone in the guest bedroom, the moonlight casting shadows over the bed. Niall hated the nights, they were the worst without Zayn. 

     "Z-Zayn," Niall whimpered, pulling a pillow to his chest, "I miss you. I love you. Please come get me." He fell asleep like that, waiting for a boy who had no intentions of coming that night. 

~~

     "You be careful, okay?" Louis smiled smally as he helped Niall into his jacket. The blonde nodded his head, working at the top buttons as Louis got the bottom ones. "Remember to call if you need anything, alright?" Again, Niall nodded his head. 

     "I'll be fine," Niall sighed, pulling the shorter boy into a hug as soon as he was done with the buttons. "But I wish Zayn were with me." 

    "I know you do, sweetheart, but you guys just need a little time away to cool off," Louis offered, ruffling Niall's hair. Niall whined and pulled away, and Louis laughed. 

     "What's all the ruckus?" Harry playfully grumbled as he entered the living room. He wrapped his arms around Louis' small waist, resting his chin on the top of the other boy's head. "You ready, Ni?" 

     Grabbing his suitcase and checking to make sure he had his phone, Niall inhaled, tears stinging his eyes as he realized that this was Zayn's jacket. "A-As ready as I'll ever be." 

~~

     The airport was not as busy as Niall had thought it would be, but that was okay with him. He had just entered the building, looking around to find where he was meant to check in. He was fifteen minutes early, but he wouldn't mind having to wait. 

     His suitcase rolled loudly behind him as he trudged through the airport, his free hand shoved deep into his jacket's pocket. He hated flying alone, so he was thankful he brought something to remind him of Zayn along with him. 

     "Niall!" Speaking of Zayn, Niall was almost positive that was Zayn calling out to him. But it couldn't be, could it? "Niall!" 

     Spinning around, Niall caught sight of his boyfriend hurrying towards him, a random shirt on underneath a coat. "Z-Zayn? What are you doing here?" Niall stuttered, obviously not expecting the brown eyed boy to be here.

     "I-I came t-to st-stop you f-f-from l-leaving," Zayn huffed, out of breath. Niall waited patiently for Zayn to catch up on his breathing before he would say anything. "I love you, Niall, and I never meant to hit you. I'm so ashamed because I let my anger get the best of me and I hurt the one that I truly love and care about. I am so sorry and can not apologize enough."

     "Zayn-"

     "And I know I've been a total jerk these last few days. But I didn't have the courage to come and apologize in person until now. But I don't want you to leave. I can't let you leave. It's mother's day, Ni, and you're going to be a. . .almost mother. I want to spend this day with you," Zayn rushed, his hopeful eyes meeting Niall's. "I love you, so much, and this baby is the best thing that has ever happened to me. To us. And I'm so sorry it took me this long to realize it. I'm sorry that I've been so afraid. I'll make it up to you if you give me the chance, I promise."

     Tears began falling down Niall's face, but he had a giant smile on his face, so Zayn knew that he wasn't upset. "Of course, Zee. I love you, I love you, I love you," Niall cried, throwing his arms around Zayn's neck. Zayn embraced his boyfriend, not able to get as close to him as he wanted to, due to the baby bump.

     "This has been the worst week of my life," Zayn admitted, picking Niall up. Niall giggled and clung to Zayn, pressing his lips against Zayn's cheek for a kiss.

     "Same for me. Let's not do this again," Niall smiled as Zayn placed him back on his feet.

     "Okay with me. Now let's go home, I've got a surprise for you."

     "What is it?" Niall asked curiously, grabbing his suitcase and following Zayn out the door and to the car.

     "You'll have to wait and see," Zayn grinned, opening the door for the blonde. Niall climbed in and Zayn placed the bag in the back, hopping in and starting up the car.

     "You know I hate surprises," Niall grumbled, crossing his arms cutely. Zayn pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road, his hand finding Niall's.

     "I know," he stated before driving Niall home, where he had prepared a special meal and laid out a variety of gifts for his blonde boyfriend. And, of course, there were apples.

~~

Note: This was longer than expected. Oops. And really, really late. Oops again. But it's done, and I'm so glad. I hope this is okay for you? My apologies for the lateness. :c 

Oh, and I somehow posted this the first time so that it was just private and I didn't know how to switch it to public so I am posting it again and deleteing the other one. Problem solved. 

Comment your thoughts?