Come Wake Me Up

Name: Yeahoran

Pairings: Ziall

ZIALL ROCKS

Summary: Ziall breaks up after a long term relationship (and a way more longer friendship) and we catch up on them after 3 months of the break up. 

Hope this satisfies you, I tried my best. 

~~

Come Wake Me Up

    "Zayn, you can't keep these forever," Niall complained as he picked up one of Zayn's glass animals from a pedistol. Zayn let out a tiny scream as he dashed over to his boyfriend's side, snatching the statue from Niall's hands. 

    "You have to be extremely careful with these, Ni, you know that," Zayn breathed, gently setting the animal back in its place. Niall sighed, crossing his arms. "What?" 

    "These stupid things mean more to you than I do, you never let me touch them," Niall complained, walking over to the window. Zayn inhaled, stepping behind Niall. He wrapped his arms around Niall's chest, kissing the top of his head. 

    "They're memories, Niall, I can't risk them getting broken," Zayn whispered, rocking the two back and forth. Niall pushed away, tears stinging his eys. He hurried over to the couch, snatching up the coat he had carelessly thrown when he had arrived at Zayn's house. "Where are you going? We haven't eaten yet." 

    "Well you can eat your stupid foreign rolls by yourself, I'm going home," Niall snapped, slinging the jacket across his shoulders and slipping his hands through the sleeves. Zayn, surprised, reached out and grasped Niall's arm, spinning him around. "Don't touch me!"

    "What's your problem?" Zayn took his hand back, not wanting to anger his boyfriend any more than he obviously was. "You're acting like I've done something wrong. Have I?" Niall didn't answer, crossing his arms as he looked away, biting back tears. "Niall, babe, please tell me what's wrong. I want to help you." 

    "You didn't say it," Niall whispered, unable to fight the tears any longer. "You didn't say that I mean more to you than these things. I thought I was, but I guess I'm not. You don't care about me, Zayn. I thought I was something you wanted to put on a pedistol and keep me as one of your prizes. And it hurts to know that you don't."

    Zayn sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Ni, of course you mean more to me than these glass objects. I didn't think I had to tell you that, I thought you already knew it. You're my world, Nialler, I love you." 

    "Prove it," Niall challenged, brushing at the tears on his cheeks. "Prove that I mean more to you than these. Destroy them. Break them. Right here, right now." Zayn dropped his mouth in shock, a horrified look on his face. 

    "Niall, you can't ask me to destroy all these memories." Zayn glanced over at the statues he had collected over the years. "They're special to me, just like you. If you're really that bothered by them, I'll put them in a closet, you'll never have to see them again." Niall shook his head, turning to leave. 

    "They do mean more to you than me," he whispered, refusing to turn around. "And I'm sick of it, Zee. I'm done. We're through. Goodbye." He strode out of the house, ignoring Zayn's pleas to come back. 

~~

Three months later

   "Or look at him, Alexander Walters," Harry suggested, glancing up at his friend. "He's twenty seven, single, never been married, and has no kids. And look, he lives just a couple miles away." Zayn gave no reaction, staring blankly at the wall. "Okay, maybe not. Hmm, let's see."