Chapter 23

A/N: I think think that this is the last regular chapter and then an epilogue. :-( And new cover! How do you like it?

Chapter 23

"Happy birthday, Mira! Wake up!" a feminine voice yells in my ear.

"Savannah, I will severely hurt you for waking me up early on my birthday." I inform her with an attempted scowl that was overtaken by a humongous yawn.

"You do realize that everyone is in here right?" A male voice, who I make out as Sean, says from a small distance.

That makes me pop straight up out of the covers. "Why are you all here?" I ask.

"We have been here for two hours waiting for you to wake up," Luke speaks up.

"What about the celebration?" I ask.

"We're having our own since it's your birthday," Laura says with a grin, "We have cake and presents!"

I laugh, "Let me go freshen up real quick."

I get out of bed and make my way to the small bathroom. I pull my toothbrush and toothpaste out of my toiletries bag and put a strip of Colgate on my pink toothbrush.

As soon as the toothbrush hits my top teeth, I feel a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist. "Happy birthday," Luke says in my ear.

"Thank you," I say, pulling the toothbrush out of my mouth and turn around to face him.

"I hope you like your present I got you," he smiles.

"You didn't have to get me anything, but whatever it is, I am sure I will love it. Now shoo; I have to finish up in here," I tell him with a flick of my wrist.

"Okie dokie," and he plants a kiss on my lips.

He leaves the bathroom and I continue brushing my teeth. Then, I take my hair out of the restricting bun it was in and brush all the tangles out.

When I walk out, I am instantly bombarded by my best friends singing the happy birthday song at the top of their lungs.

"I'm getting you guys singing lessons for your birthday," I tell them all when they end the song, "Thank you though."

"Meanie. But should we do cake or presents first?" Jason asks.

After seven minutes on debating on what we should do first, we decide on presents. Laura hands me the first one with a smile.

It's two new shirts and a pair of shorts from Forever 21. "Thank you so much, girl!" I encase her in a tight hug.

Next is Trent. He got me a gift card to Taco Bell. "All girls like Taco Bell, right?" He asks nervously.

"If they don't something is wrong with them. Thanks, T," I engulf him in a hug.

After Trent is Chloe. She got me a teal and black phone case and a new pair of teal Vans. "Oh my gosh! I love them!" I squeal.

Jason got me a gift card to Pacsun. "I really hope you like that store," he says.

"I do. Thanks Jason." I also give him a big bear hug.

Sean gets me a Nicholas Sparks book and movie. "I always wanted to read this!" I say and throw my arms around his neck.

"Okay! I'm next!" Savannah squeals, getting up from her spot on the floor and heading over to her bed. She lifts her mattress up and pulls something from under it.

It's a scrapbook.

She hands it to me with a smile and sits back down. "We have all been taking pictures when you don't realize it. I printed them out and made this."