Chapter 20

LUKE'S POV

I am actually getting scared for Mira. Caroline is taking things way out of hand. All Mira did was become friends with Savannah, and she tries to hurt her? Just beacuse Savannah beat her in the previous years doesn't mean that she has to hate and try to hurt all of her friends. She did this with Laura and Chloe last year, too. Today really freaked me out, though. Caroline had brought two buff guys with her as if she wants to hurt Mira real bad. Even worse than a bloody mouth and nose.

"Hey, Luke?" Mira's sweet voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I reply, looking back at her. She is still sitting in the backseat with Jason and Sean.

"Are you okay? You're shaking a little. It's scaring me" she asks, with concern lining her voice. Oh, how she doesn't know what's scaring me is probably scaring her too.

"Yeah, dude. You don't look okay. Pull over and let me drive," Sean tells me, concern also in his voice.

I do as he tells me. My body is moving without any thought whatsoever and I just move effortlessly. I plop down in the seat where Sean was sitting next to the window and Mira.

MIRA'S POV

"Are you okay?" I whisper in Luke's ear once he gets situated next to me after the seat swap.

"I'm just worried about you. I don't want you to get hurt by Caroline or any of her minions," he whispers back to me.

I grab his hand and rest my head on his shoulder. "I'll be fine. But it's adorable that you are worried about me." I grin.

"Hey. I am not adorable." He defends himself.

"Ah, but you are." I argue.

"You are the adorable one," Luke gives me a boyish smile.

"Okay, okay. I have to agree with that. I am pretty adorable," I say cockily.

"Oh. Look who's gotten cocky," Luke teases with a raised eyebrow.

"I get it from you," I tell him, this time raising my own eyebrow. "Maybe I spend too much time around you."

His eyes go wide. He shakes his head side to side and opens his mouth to say something, but is cut off by Jason. "Will you lovebirds be quiet already? Geez."

I cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing out loud, and Luke does the same. We arrive at campus, and I see the girls waiting for me outside of Laura's car. I'm bouncing up and down in my seat because being stuck in the car with the boys have gotten me on edge to go get some girl time. "Settle down, Mira. Why do you want to get out so badly?" Luke asks me.

"I need to be around some girls." I admit with a grin. "Boys have cooties."

"Ah, that's not what you thought when you agreed to be my girlfriend," Luke points a finger at me and with his free hand swings open the door.

"All except you, I suppose." I tell him with a shrug and a quick peck on the cheek to show him that I care. His cheeks turn bright red as I jump over his lap trying to get out of the car. It doesn't work very well.

"What was that for?" He whispers.

"Does there have to be a reason? You're my boyfriends, I'm your girlfriend," I tell him.

"Then I guess I'm free to do that whenever I want then, too," He says with a boyish grin.

"I guess you can."

He kisses my cheek and says, "I guess you're free to go know."

I laugh and hop out of the car. "I saw that!" Savannah yells at Luke. "No kissing my best friends! I mean it!"