Chapter 21

Caroline's POV

How does she keep getting away? As soon as she handed over her phone to me, I hacked it and put a tracking system in it. But she doesn't have to know that. Her stupid friends always have to leave as soon as they notice me and my brothers. They always have to pull Mira away from us and take get to safety. Expelling me from that camp isn't going to stop me from hurting get and hurting get good.

I will get her one day. I will assure you of that much.

Mira's POV

Am I wrong?

For thinking that we could be something for real?

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh.

Am I wrong by Nico and Vinz comes blaring out of Savannah's phone speaker. I hear her groan and I don't blame her one bit. Us four girls stayed up way late last night trying to figure out how to get back home from the mall thirty-five minutes away. We ended up having a whole bunch of fun and even more money spent and new clothes that we really didn't even need. We got soccer shorts, jean shorts, t-shirts, nice shirts, etc. We spent way too much money, as well.

"I am really getting sick of waking up this early in the morning," I sigh.

"I know right. Only three more days to go, though," She sighs back.

She's right. I totally forgot that we only have only a few more days of the soccer camp. I'm sad that it's ending, but it's not like I'm leaving California. My mom and I decided that we are going to stay here and make a new life for ourselves.

I watch as Savannah grabs a blue towel and a change of clothes as she heads to the bathroom to take a short shower before camp today.

She is in the shower for about 10 minutes before I hear the water shut off. She is already dressed in her workout clothes for today.

"So, a little birdie told me that your birthday was coming up in two days." She says raising a single eyebrow and giving me quite the creepy smirk.

"Yeah. I don't want a big party though. My mom can't seem to grasp the concept of 'I just want cake.' " I admit to her.

She gives me a sly smirk and turns to her night stand and plucks up her phone, her fingers flying furiously across the screen. That's suspicious.

"What are you doing?" I ask her, slowly getting up from my bed.

"Nothing," she smirks again and turns away from me so I can't see the screen of her cell phone.

"Savannah," I whine, trying to take a peek at her phone to see what she's doing or who she is texting.

"Mira," she mocks my tone, still typing away on her phone. I really want to know what she is doing, but I don't want to be pushy about it, so I let it go.

I groan loudly and throw my hands up in the air in frustration. Savannah laughs at me and smiles. "You'll find out soon. I promise."

Before I can respond, a knock sounds from our dorm door. I jump up and swing open the door. Laura and Chloe are standing there with smiles on their faces.

"Hey Mira," they say cheerfully. Again, everyone is acting suspicious.

"Uh, hi," I close the door behind them as they walk into the room.

"So your birthday's coming up, huh?" Chloe says while looking between Savannah and Laura.

I nod slowly and she has a big grin on her face. "What's going on with you guys?" I ask cautiously.