Chapter 8

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Luke follows me down the staircase, but as soon as we get to the bottom, I have absolutely no idea how to get to the kitchen. I glance a look of confusion at Luke and he just laughs at me. He grabs my hand and runs into the kitchen. I feel my face turn into a deep and raging fire at the feel of his hand. Suddenly, he comes to a stop and gives me a mischivious grin. Uh oh.

"Let's forget about the sandwiches. We are going to play a prank on Brayden," he tells me, with that cute grin of his still plastered on his face.

"Luke, I don't know. I mean, I just met him, and I don't want his to get a bad first impression of me," I tell his honestly, "but on the other hand, I want to, but nothing too mean."

"Yes!" I pulls me into a big bear hug and I am taken aback, but still hug him back, "Follow me."

He pulls me down a long hallway past the gigantic room of a kitchen. We stop at a door, which I am presuming leads to a garage or closet that holds toys. He opens the door, and I am right, it does lead to a garage. All I see are Nerf guns, water ballons, and millions of other toys that any kid at heart could even dream of. Soccer balls, basketballs, and tennis balls litter the ground, like the aftermath of a tornado.

"Wow. That is a lot of toys," I say to Luke, still gasping at the sight before me.

"Yeah. Okay you find some Nerf gun belts with bullets in them and I will get us two Nerf guns. Okay?" He says, asking my approval.

I smile, and hope that we don't get in trouble. I quickly find two bullet belts, and head staright for Luke who is know standing byt he door, a smirk on his face and weapons in his hands.

I hand him his belt, and he gives up one of the guns to me. Quickly, I strap the belt on and load a couple of bullets into the weapon.

"Ready?" He asks when I am finished.

"Yep. Let's go," I say back with a smile creeping onto my face.

He returns the smile but puts a finger to his lips to signal me to keep quiet as we return upstairs. When we reach the door of Brayden's room, my heart is probably going at least one hundred beats per minute. Luke knocks on the door and wait for Brayden to welcome us in. We get on either side of the door and get ready to shoot.

"Took you guys-" he starts, "Guys?"

Luke holds up one, then two, then three fingers and one three we both shoot him repeatedly all over his body. He screams like a little girl covering his face and Luke and I laugh like hyenas. When we run out of bullets, Brayden gives us both a scowl.

"I will get you both back for that. I really will. I'll get you guys good," he promises and backs into his room and slams the door closed and we hear a click, telling us he locked the door.

Luke and I look at each other and burst out in a laughing fit.

"That was amazing!" Luke says and we head downstairs.

Now, I am actually hungry. As soon as I am finished putting the gun and bullets away, I go to the kitchen. I get out the bread, peanut butter, jelly, knife, and plate to begin the process of making my sandwich.

"I'm going back upstairs. I'm not hungry anymore," Luke informs me and walks away from me.

That surprise attack we did on Brayden was really fun, but I need to start focusing in soccer. Then it hits me. I only brought my cleats. No ball. No bag. No shinguards or anything. How am I supposed to play soccer without a ball? Maybe I can see if Aunt Lisa and I can go shopping today. Like now. But, I have no idea where she is.

I sprint up the stairs, two at a time up to Brayden's room. I knock impatiently and he opens the door quickly.

"Where is your mom?" I ask fast.

"Her room. Third door that way and points down a hallway.

I give him a thumbs up and walk down the hallway to my destination. I knock on the door ever so lightly and wait for an answer.

"Come in!" her voice says from inside the door.

I open the door to a beautiful room. In one corner, there is a white and light blue canopy bed. A white desk is parallel to it, and that is where I find my aunt.

"Do think that maybe we could go shopping today, because I just realized that I left half of my soccer things at my house," I say nervously.

"Oh yes! Of course, let's go!" she explains, putting away whatever she was doing.

She runs faster than I ever thought a grown woman could run and I am taken by surprise. I sprint after her and we make it to another garage with two Range Rovers sitting in front of me. These people had a lot of money to spend.

Aunt Lisa unlocks one of the card with the button on her key and hops in. I follow and we back out of the garage.

"Okay, the soccer store is really close; only about two minutes away," she tells me as she turns right.

I nod and I see the soccer store called Soccer Circle in front of me. Aunt Lisa pulls into the closest parking spot near the door. She turns the car off and we head towards the door.

This store is absolutely amazing. They have everything ranging from balls, cleats, socks, and clothes. It was one of the best places I have ever been.

Aunt Lisa leads me to the ball section and says to pick any ball I want. I find a Nike ball quickly that matches my purple and yellow Hypervenom cleats. I pick it up and bring it to my aunt. She smiles at my choice as if she approves.

"That one is a good ball," she tells me with a grin. I return the smile.

She then chaperones me in the direction of the clothes. "Pick out a lot of shirts, shorts, socks, and spandex. The whole camp is almost two and a half months," she informs me.

I nod, but I don't want her to spend all of that money on me. She is already letting me stay at her house.

"I will pay you back for everything," I tell her.

"No. You are a guest and family. I will pay for all things you get," she says shaking her head at me.

I shake my head but with a smile. I slip into the clothes section and I am overwhelmed by all of the choices. There are four sections. Men, women, boys, and girls. I head towards women's to find some clothes. Immediately, I go for the shorts. I see a black, pink, and blue pair of Nike shorts and pick a pastor up in my size. I grab four other pairs in different colors so that puts me to five pairs of shorts. I should probably get four more. A light blue and lavender pair catches my eye and I pick those up as well.

I find three more pairs of shorts and guide myself to the shirts. I instantaneously see tank tops and grab four in pink, blue, gray, and purple. More soccer shirts litter the racks. More shirts catch my eye so I grab those too. Socks are right next to those so I grab a few pairs of Nike and Adidas socks.

I leave the clothes department and go to look for my Aunt. I find her sitting on a bench outside of the clothes section.

She looks up when she hears my footsteps and smiles when she sees the clothing in my arms. She stands up and leads me to an open register. I toss my things onto the conveyer belt. The total ends up being $360.46. My eyes widen at the large price, but Aunt Lisa just laughs.

"Honey, it's okay. I have a $400 gift card that I can add money onto at anytime," she laughs.

That makes me feel a little better, but I still feel a little guilty.

"Thank you so much, Aunt Lisa," I thank her, "I can't wait until the camp."

The calm is honestly one of the only thing that I care about right now. I need to win that prize money and scholarship. I need to win it for me. I need to win it for more importantly, my mother.

----------------------------------------

Sorry for such a long waiting time for an update.

I ended up deleting my other story because most people wanted me to focus in this one.

Please vote, comment, and follow. Any comment is welcome! Thanks!