Chapter 19

I awoke in my wolf form, as I lied stretched out on a little bed, made out of a blanket and pillows. I was next to one of the couches, out of the way of everything.  I didn't see any of the vampires, or Yui in the room with me.  I looked around towards the door to exit the room, as another page flipped over. "Morning Skylar?  You getting used to that form?" Ruki's voice asked, which caught my attention.  I looked back as I saw Ruki sitting at the chair, watching me with a smile on his face.  I whimpered a bit, as I tucked my tail underneath me, and bent my ears down, so I could show that I felt bad.  Ruki sighed as he spoke. "Can you go into your human form so we can talk about this new change?" he asked, as I barked a grasp bark.  It took me a bit, but I changed into the human form, and sat on the couch.  Ruki put his book down as he sighed, then looked at me. He stayed silent as I sighed. "I"m sorry Ruki.  I know I should've told you I was leaving. I'm also sorry that I turned into a wolf.  You must hate me now" I said as I looked down at the floor.  If he wanted to drain my blood out of me, I gave him permission.

Ruki watched me for a moment as he sighed. "Well, I didn't like that you left with them.  I also don't care that your part dog. The main reason is your back home, and safe where you belong.  Like we always told you, your our Eve,  and no one else can have you" he said, as he looked at his hands. I sat there in silence, due to the fact that I didn't know what else to say to him.  I just looked at the floor in silence, as he huffed.  "Are you feeling better, Skylar?" he asked, as I looked back up at him.  I stayed silent for a second, as I watched him.  I didn't even think of the fact, that I was pretty much about to die when I first left the shelter.  I took a second to figure out what he was meaning by that.  I nodded after I was silent as I spoke. "Much" I said, as he cracked a smile. "That's good to hear.  We were always worried about you."  he said as he huffed.  We both sat in silence, as a very chipper voice spoke from the staircase. "Well, look who's doing better" Kou's voice spoke from the top of the staircase.  I looked up at him, while he was leaning over the edge of the railing, looking like he was about to fall off.  I cracked a smile as he continued to walk down the stairs, ending by my side.  "Feeling weak at all?" he asked, as I watched him in confusion.  I squinted a bit at him as I spoke. "What are you talking about?" I asked, as Ruki shut his book and spoke.  "In order for the Sakamaki's to help save you.  We had to make a deal.  They would help us, if we gave them a bit of your blood.  I don't know why they wanted your blood, but we had to give our end of the deal, seeing that they helped get you out" he said, as I bumped my arm.  I lifted up my sleeve to see a little cloth, that was folded into a padded square, with a piece of medical tape over it.

I looked up at Ruki as I notice him watching me.  "So, they didn't use any fangs?" I asked, as Ruki shook his head. "No, Reiji wanted to, but I didn't let him.  I told him that you were our Eve, and we were the only one's to put our fangs into you" he said, as I sighed. I looked at the floor as I thought to myself. "Why did Reiji want my blood?" I thought as I looked over at Ruki. "Hey, why did the Sakamaki's wanted my blood for?" I asked him as he shrugged. "Who knows, they always want blood. That's what purebloods live off of.  But Reiji thought that he saw someone in you, that was going to be in effect at any time" he said, as I looked at him  I grew shocked at the comment as I studied him. "Do you know who?" he asked, as he nodded. "Yes, but I'm not allowing that name to be mentioned into this house.  I got a question for you Skylar. Do you feel another being inside you?" he asked, as I looked at the floor.  I studied the floor as I thought about the question.  "Another being? Was that meaning I was being controlled by someone?" I took some time just to ponder on the idea, as I lifted my head up and looked at Ruki again.  I shook my head as I spoke. "No, to be honest I don't know what it would feel like.  But I do feel my wolf part of me" I said, knowing I was telling him the truth.  Ruki looked at me in confusion.  "Your chest don't hurt at all, does it?" he asked, as I shook my head. "No, I feel fine" I said, as Kou spoke. "That's weird.  Cordelia said, she took part of her heart, and put it in Skylar.  Maybe she was lying" he said, as Ruki nodded.  Yuma was the one that spoke next. "I wonder why she wanted her blood for.  That was the deal we had to make" he said, as I thought of the square tapped on my arm.  "Is that why I have this?" I asked, as I shown him the square that was tapped onto the inside of my elbow. Ruki nodded as he sighed. "Yes, that was the only way to get you out of there.  We had to make a dead. To get you out, we had to give her some of your blood" he said, as I sighed.  "How did she get it? Did she bite me?" I asked, as Ruki shook his head.  "I wouldn't let her put fangs into you.  Your our Eve, and we don't want any other fangs into you" he said, as I thought to myself.