Chapter 16

I walked in the kitchen to get something to drink.  I went into the fridge to see a pitcher of water sitting on the shelf in the door.  "I guess that'll work" I said, as I grabbed the container and closed the fridge.  I took out a glass, as I poured myself some and took a sip. Instantly I coughed as I dropped the glass, and it crashed on the floor.  I fell to the floor, as I coughed some more, not trying to control any of it at this point.  I heard footsteps walk into the kitchen as Kou sighed. "Skylar, what's wrong?" his voice spoke, as he walked more into the room. I couldn't talk to him because the coughing wouldn't stop.  I felt my stomach turn within every cough that I took.  Kou walked up to me as he knelt by me."Skylar are you alright?" he said, as I just continued.  I couldn't even stop to look up at him, the coughing would just get worse.  Kou looked up at the doorway to the kitchen, as he yelled out of the room. "Hey, can I get some help in here? Something's wrong with Skylar" he shouted across the room as he looked at me.  "Can you get up Skylar?" he asked, as I shook my head. " I don't think so" I said, as I coughed some more, and felt something come up.  I rolled so I was on my hands and knees, with Kou trying to get me to stand up. "Here, let me help" he said as he helped me up, but I ended up falling back to my knees feeling worse.  "Oh Skylar" he said, as I continued to cough.  Footsteps ran closer into the kitchen as Ruki spoke. "What's going on?" he asked, as he came in front of me.  Kou shook his head. "I don't know, she just was drinking water, then she started to cough" he explained as Ruki watched me.  I coughed a few more times, as something dripped on the white floor tile.  The liquid was a dark red, almost looking like blood.  I tasted the iron of my blood on my tough, which made me puke up more.  "Oh no" Ruki said, more to himself then to Kou as he lowered his voice.  Kou shifted as he spoke. "That's not good" he said, as movement happened, and someone was next to me. "Let's put her on the couch" Ruki said, as he picked me up, and cradled me in his arms.  I nussled my head into his chest as I stared to get weaker and more sick. 

"Stay with us, Skylar" Ruki said, as he hurried into the living room, and rested me on the couch. Yuma and Azusa looked up from their seats as they walked over.  "What happened?" Yuma asked as Ruki shook his head.  "She's coughing up blood. Which is normaly what humans aren't supposed to do" he said, as he felt my forehead.  He looked at the other three as he spoke. "Can one of you go get me a bucket, so she can throw up in" he asked, as Yuma left the room.  Ruki looked over as he spoke. "Kou, go grab me a pillow and a blanket" he said, as Kou did his command. "Here" Kou said, as he handed the pillow to Ruki.  Ruki grabbed it, and stuck it under my head. Kou put the blanket over me at the same time.  I felt weaker, as I started to close my eyes, letting the tiredness take over.  "Skylar, stay with us" Ruki yelled at me, as Yuma walked back in with the bucket.  Ruki took the bucket from him, as he placed it by my head.  "Here, throw up in this bucket" Ruki said, as I turned and puked up more blood right into the bucket.  I felt a hand on my leg as Yuma spoke. "Good girl Skylar, just don't fight it" he said, as I continued.  I stopped throwing up as I flopped back on the couch, feeling weaker than before.  This is like the beginning at the shelter.  I was dying.

Ruki placed a hand on my forehead, as he rubbed it around my head.  "Is she really going to die Ruki?" Azusa asked, as Ruki shook his head.  "I dunno. Should I call Reiji to get help?" he asked his younger brothers.  I coughed and couched as I bent over the bucket again, and puked up more blood.  "That's a lot" Kou said sounded discusted over it.  I put my head back on the pillow as I sighed, feeling weaker by the minute.  I heard Yuma sigh as he spoke. "Reiji might just say to kill her, but you can try it."  Ruki got up as he rushed to the phone.  He dialed another number, as he spoke to another person on the other side of the lien. "Yeah, she's coughing up blood.  Can you come help us?" he asked, as the room fell silent.  I bent over the bucket, as threw up more of my blood.  I rested my head back on the pillow, as I heard Ruki hang up the phone.  "He's commig over to help. They'll help with this" he said, as Yuma looked at him. "Your letting him help? After what they did to her earlier?" he asked getting mad.  Ruki eyed his younger brother as he spoke."Oh, did you want to kill her?" he asked, as I coughed some more.  My vision started to get blurry as I started to close my eyes. "Skylar stay up with us" Kou said as he shook my body.  I peeked open my eyes, as I started to get tired.   I blinked a few times as I spoke. "I want to sleep" I said, with a sick and tired voice.  Kou shook his head as he sighed. "I know, but for right now, you need to stay up" he said, as I started to drift off into tiredness.  Kou shook me again as he spoke. "Skylar, you got to stay awake for us" he said, as I opened my eyes again.