•3•

LindaUnique was the first to guess correctly who the story is about. Congratz!

-•-

"What are you doing with her?" Alpha Rakkon's voice surrounds me, the inflection of his tone cutting small wounds into my flesh.

"One of Alpha Zenon's warriors mentioned their omega is also their pack whore," Ilyas shrugs his shoulders when answering.

Even Narkis chuckles, "We needed to...unload."

So they do have a sense of humor...

...that is...reserved for members within their pack solely.

Alpha Rakkon's muscles tense when he hears this, his eyes boring into mine as I suddenly feel like my legs are made of jello. I'm terrified of the look he gives me, a hard and intimidating stare that seems to be searing through me and into my soul.

Those few moments of silence, they are followed by Alpha Rakkon ordering, "Don't touch her again."

"Alpha-"

"I don't need the whore's scent all over my beta and third..." Alpha Rakkon's voice is even harsher this time. My eyes avert to the floorboards when I realize I've held the alpha's gaze for too long. He tells them both, "Go mingle."

"Yes, Alpha Rakkon," their voices are in sync as I can hear the front door opening, the sound of it closing behind them is deafening.

I stand in silence, controlling the way my body feels...the way it's succumbing to the draw toward Alpha Rakkon. He'd made it quite clear that my presence offends him...

...but, he's my mate?

This has to be...the way my heart flutters at the way his being draws me in, the way I can breathe deeply in his scent and have it slightly ease the tension my muscles feel...even if the tension itself comes from being around him, afraid...

"How many men have fucked you?" Alpha Rakkon's question throws me off guard for a moment, not expecting him to ask this of me.

"I-I..." my voice is small and insignificant, his presence overshadowing my own as I whisper, "...I lost count."

My wolf sees her mate as well, yipping and crying to be saved...but there's no safety, nothing that can be found with this man. She wants to break through to prove me wrong, but I force her down and back for her own safety and mine.

"Why did I expect any differently?" Alpha Rakkon halfheartedly chuckles sarcastically to himself before releasing a sigh. He turns away from me, because I see his boots leaving my field of view as the sound echoes into the distance.

I release the air from my lungs, dodging back down into the basement and away from the rest of packs. Walking toward my bedroom door, my mind is torn with the way my heartstrings are pulled at with confusion. Once I'm behind the safety of my bedroom door, I sit at the edge of my bed, a thought striking me...

...is he going to reject me?

If Alpha Zenon finds out that I'm the mate of Alpha Rakkon...and if he rejects me...will I be killed?