Introduction

Lance wasn't always like this. He used to be sassy and rambunctious. His parents thought Lance was going to present as an alpha, a beta at the very least. However, when Lance called home in the middle of the day, saying he went into heat, the thought of having the disgrace of an omega in their blood line dawned on them.

What would the neighbors say? How were they going to tell the rest of the family?

Omegas' are scum; meant to please their alphas and nothing more. They stay in the house and accompany their dominants when it is time to be shown off. They speak when spoken to. They clean without being asked. An omega is not respected until their alpha has mated them.

When lance was picked up by his parents, no words were exchanged. Tension was thick in the car. Mr. McLain was red with embarrassment from being seen with an omega. Mrs. McLain was in tears, acting as if she had lost a child. In her mind, she did.

Once the car was parked in the driveway, everything moved quickly for lance. A beach towel was thrown into his arms and he was dragged to the basement. The 14 year old didn't quite understand what he was supposed to do. Lance was scared and didn't feel safe in the concrete environment. So he cried.

His parents planned to hide him away until they could legally kick him out. Once the other children of the McLain household returned from school, the news of Lance had already spread through the school. They knew what this meant for the family, and they knew not to associate Lance as their brother anymore.

A week later, when the whole house smelled of heat. Lance knocked on the basement door. He was feeling better at this point and wanted the comfort of his parents. Lance knew their wasn't much of a chance for his parents to still except him, but he had to at least try.

His father answered the door, looking down at Lance with a disgusted snarl adorning his face, "you will stay in the basement from now on, and out of sight like a good omega should."

Lance's heart shattered. His hopes and dreams of becoming something one day crumbled at his feet. He now knew that he wouldn't be going to school or receiving a chance to enter the Garrisons Academy. He wanted to see space when he was older. He had dreamt of it since he was 6.

Hot tears ran down his cheeks, "D-dad please don't do this to me," Lance begged, getting down on his knees and pleaded, " I'll live as a beta! I- I'll take suppressants, I'll do anything!"

Omegas weren't allowed in the garrison due to the campus being over run by alphas. A heat on a campus full of horny alphas would result in lawsuits and unwanted pregnancies that the garrison couldn't afford. If Lance started the suppressants now, the omega physique wouldn't take over, giving him a fighting chance to pass as a beta while at the garrison.

Mr. McLain looked down at the omega, weighing his options. If they moved Lance to another school and got him the education he needed, he could rid the family of this disgrace at 16 instead of 18. Lance's father nodded to himself, the decision now final in his mind.

"You will still be moved to the basement. You will cook and clean for the household everyday. I will allow you to enter the Garrison Academy as long as my rules are followed: You are no longer my son. I expect to be referred to as Sir. My wife as Ma'am or Madam. Unless I speak to you, you are to remain silent. If anyone outside this household finds out about your true identity, all of your privileges will be taken away. That means no school, no suppressants, and of course, no garrison," Mr. McLain roughly held Lance's jaw causing Lance to release a pained hiss, "Do I make myself clear Omega?"

Tears streamed down the boy's face. Lance shook with how loud his sobs were. He knew how omegas were treated, he knows how delicate his body will feel towards touch even with the help of suppressants. The abuse that will ensue due to his status will destroy him. Lance was terrified and bruising because of the man standing above him.

"Y-yes s-sir," lance replied.

Mr. McLain released the boys jaw and raised his hand, striking his cheek  with the back of his palm. Lance released a shocked noise. He brought a hand to cradle his abused face.

"Get used to this omega; this is you life now"  and with that, Mr. McLain turned his back on the boy.