Red Ledger

A/n: As mentioned in the last story, this is a Black Widow Story to honor the announcement of her new movie. She is my favorite female Marvel character so I really hope I do her justice. Requested by: VanillaHorizon. Enjoy!

You and Natasha were best friends from the day you were born. Your parents had been best friends, and somehow your mom's had you within an hour of each other. Ever since that day at the delivery room, you both were connected at the hip.

In Kindergarten, you both got in trouble with the teacher for 'organizing and maintaining an underground network designed to pass blame to older kids in hopes of the rewards of candy'. In reality, Natasha had made a bet with one of the boys to see who could collect the most candy in two days. Let's just say you were eating the candy for three months after your job had been shut down. 

In elementary school, the both of you had gotten in trouble for 'preying on older kids by threatening to kick a soccer ball so hard that their head was going to fall off at impact'. You were in third grade, so no one took you seriously until you faked it with Natasha. From then on, eighth-grade bullies gave you their lunch money.

Then, the Red Room happened. At first, the leaders kept you together, but that only lasted for about three years. Once they saw the potential between the both of you, they split you up into separate rooms. You never saw her again. When you had heard she had been taken by SHEILD, you cried so hard that they had to stop all training until your mind was stable.

"Nightstalker, ready to comply?" Your trainer asked, standing next to you holding a black book full of notes about you.

"Ready to comply," You repeated against your will. You never had control over anything you said anymore.

"This is your target. Kill her, and come back for conditioning," She said, holding up a picture of a red-haired woman in the middle of a group. She was wearing a tight uniform that revealed everything about her body shape.

"Yes," You answered nodding. The door clicked, and you walked out holding your katanas tightly. You grabbed a dagger from the steel table before running out of the base to complete your mission.

*                                                                            *                                                                          *

You went to the control panel of the tower-like building that the woman you were after lived in. You slashed the power cables, effectively shutting the electricity off. You sprinted to the front desk and saw the woman at the front desk scramble to regain power. You walked to the steps and started to sprint up each one until your legs burned. 

Looking up you saw that you were on the seventieth floor, exactly where you needed to be. You quickly opened the door and walked out, keeping to where the shadows were the darkest. You watched as different people ran back and forth, not noticing the assassin creeping into the woman's room. 

Opening the door, you saw that she was sleeping. She looked as if she was having a nightmare, quickly tossing and turning. As you took a step towards her, the floorboard creaked alerting her that someone was in the room. She shot up, pointing a gun at your forehead. Her face crinkled in confusion before turning into anger.

"What did they do to you, y/n?" She muttered. You brought back your hand and sliced down with your katana. She turned out of the way and fired a bullet at your shoulder. You dodged, trying to cut her.  

"You are my mission," You growled, throwing the sword at her chest. She caught it and threw it towards the window.

"You are my friend," She replied, reaching for her tasers. She grabbed one, and stuck it into your side, filling your body with electricity. You fell to your knees before passing out.