Chapter 10 - Glad I Never Taught You

Start from the beginning

Dean, who had been silent throughout their whole conversation, let out a breath. "Wow, she really is somethin'." He observed with a chuckle before walking over to Cas' desk and plopping himself down in his seat.

"That's my seat Dean." Cas stated bluntly. "I have to set up my lesson."

"Okay, sorry." Dean said with a hint of sarcasm, raising his hands in mock surrender. "I'll move." He got out of the seat and moved to sit on the desk but when Cas gave him a stern look and crossed his arms, he sighed and moved to one of the smaller desks for students. "Touchy, touchy." He muttered under his breath earning him a look from Cas who he forgot had angel hearing.

Just as Cas finnished setting up the lesson, students started trickling into the room, each in there respective groups and the occasional loner. "Okay class!" Cas started with a clap to get everyone's attention. "Today we are going to do a group project on ancient religions." He said earning some groans of protest but also some looks of excitement from the 'nerdier' kids.

"Can I do one?" Dean asked from the back of the classroom.

"Uh, sure?" He said but it came out as more of a question because he knew that Dean never liked school. "Do you have an ulterior motive?" He questioned seriously.

"Can't I just want to do work?" Dean asked sweetly. Too sweetly. Actually, bordering on sarcastic.

"No." Cas said looking him dead in the eye. "But since you offered..."

"I won't let you down!" Dean said with a salute. He was going to make an awesome presentation... about Cas. There was no way he was doing that ancient religion crap. This was going to be great. "But I wanna go last, don't want anyone to copy."

"Riiight." Cas said suspiciously. "Everyone make groups of two or three and come to my desk to get a laptop and a topic to be assigned to you. If there aren't enough, some groups can do the same religion." After he finnished talking there was some shuffling around and then they all made a line at his desk.

Once everyone was in their groups and working quietly, Cas walked around and helped a few people including a group of students doing their presentation about angels. They were listing some different angels and had come across the angel of Thursday, Castiel, also known as him. "Isn't that your name?" One of them asked.

"Yeah, I was named after him because I was born on Thursday." Castiel lied smoothly.

"It says that someone saw him in his human form and he had dark hair and bright blue eyes." She continued, looking at him skeptically. "Kinda sounds like you."

Cas panicked a bit on the inside but luckily Dean swooped in and saved the day. "He is an angel, isn't he?" He smiled, kissing Cas on the cheek and pulling him away and then going back to his 'work'.

For the rest of the lesson, Cas sat at his desk catching up on marking papers and answering the occasional question. He had to talk to Dean a few times because he was being disruptive but it was a good lesson. "Okay class, pack it up." He instructed at the end of the lesson. "I'll give you half a lesson tomorrow to finish and then you'll all present."

"Yes sir." A few of the students mumbled, some talking to their groups and setting up times to work on the project at home but Dean was juggling balls of paper which he had set on fire.

"Dean, why are you so difficult?" Cas asked, almost pleading.

"It's all part of my charm." Dean winked before putting out his flaming balls and going back to sit at the back of the classroom.

The next day, Castiel was sat at his desk watching the students do their group project until it got to halfway through the lesson. "Okay guys." He yelled, getting the attention of some, the others soon following. "We are going to start presenting now, any volunteers to go first?"

A group at the front of the classroom, who were doing their project on angels put their hands up. "We'll go sir." One of them said.

"Okay." Cas replied, taking their USB and putting it into his computer. He opened their presentation and put it up on the projector. "Go for it!"

They started speaking, pointing to different things on their slide show, explaining everything in detail. Cas already knew that he was giving them and 'A'. Everyone else went after them, none of them quite as good but not bad, until he got to Dean. "My turn!" He yelled with a mischievous glint in his eye. "Get ready to have your mind blown!"

"Oh no." Cas sighed, barely audible so Dean didn't hear him.

"Shove over Cas, I'll put my own thingy in." He said, pulling Cas out of the chair. "Sit over there." He instructed, pointing to the seat he had just been in. "I don't want you to see it until I'm ready."

This made Cas nervous but he saw how excited Dean was so he decided to let him do it. "Okay, when you're ready." Cas complied reluctantly.

On the screen, Dean's presentation appeared. "My angel." He read off the screen. "You see, I'm going to do my presentation on my religion. The religion of Castiel." He started, changing the slide. On the screen appeared pictures of Dean and Castiel together, being cute in some and just being normal in others.

"Castiel is my angel, he has amazing blue eyes that remind me of icy water but are still warm and loving, he has a beautiful smile which could light up an entire city. He can look adorable doing anything, even just talking. I love the way his eyes crinkle when he laughs, which is an amazing sound by the way, and how he loves burgers so much that we had them on our anniversary." As Dean was talking he got a far away look in his eyes, earning a chorus of 'awww'.

For another few minutes Dean showed slides and told stories about Cas and by the end Cas was a blushing mess. As soon as he finnished Cas spoke. "Uh... that was... interesting." He said with a blush.

"Did you like it?" Dean asked hopefully.

"Yeah, it was cute. But I'm never leting you do work in my class ever again." Cas laughed, then said in a quieter voice "I'm so glad I never taught you."