Chapter 5 - Pizza

The rest of the class was going by smoothly until there was a knock on the door. Cas could feel the familiar soul of Dean even from the other side of the door so when he opened it, he made sure to block him from the view of his students. "Hey Cas!" Dean said, as if it was the most normal thing in the world for him to show up at his work.

"What are you doing here?" Cas asked in a hushed tone. "People might see you!"

To answer his question, Dean held up a small touchscreen phone which Cas recognized to be his own and shook it. "You left it at home and I would have called but I had your phone so.."

"Thank you." Cas said taking it and going to close the door but Dean stuck his foot in the way.

"Hold on a sec" Dean said before pulling him by his tie and kissing him. There were a few audible gasps at this but no one screamed 'Oh my god it's Dean Winchester so Cas thought that they were in the clear.

"What the hell!" Cas hissed under his breath. "Anyone could have seen you!"

"I'm sick of hiding you, Cas." Dean answered honestly. "I wanna be able to hold your hand in public and.. and kiss you when people are looking and have them scream at us to get a room! I wanna show you off! But you won't let me."

"You think I don't want that!" Cas wisper screamed, "I would love to show you off but in case you forgot, I am being hunted down by every angel in heaven because I helped you to stop the apocalypse and save your world!"

"Cas I-" Dean started but was cut off by Castiel.

"I went against my family for you." Cas choked. "So please, don't help them find me." With that, Cas closed the door on a shocked looking Dean and turned around to see the many more shocked faces of his students. Cas always got upset talking about the other angels, his family. They were never particularly loving but at least they liked him, now they all wanted to kill him.

"Go back to work!" Cas ordered his stunned students harshly, stalking back to his desk with a hard expression.

"Who was that?" One student asked hesitantly, her curiosity getting the better of her. "Sorry." She added as an afterthought.

"It was none of your business, so leave it, okay?" Cas answered rudely, "I thought I told you to get back to work."

The class, who had been tuning in, hurriedly went back to their work, but a few contiued to stare at him suspiciously for a few more moments before doing the same.

Cas had never been more glad to get out of a class when the bell rang, you could've cut the tension with a butter knife for the whole lesson. "You can go." Cas dismissed and it was as if the room was on fire because they all high tailed it out of there quicker than Cas could say homework.

By the end of the day, Cas was exhausted, the bad mood from this morning dragging him down and making him snappy all day. Cas was happy to be going home but less happy to be seeing Dean. Usually this would be the highlight of his day but not this time, not while he was having his first ever real fight with his husband in 3 years of marriage, Cas was terrified.

He slowly opened the door when he got home and carefully walked inside. "Dean?" He called softly.

"In here!" Came his cold reply from the loungeroom to his left.

Cas hesitantly walked in and sat down next to him. "I'm sorry." Is all he said, and all he needed to say for all of  Dean's anger to wash away.

"It's okay, Angel." He cooed, "I know you don't like talking about your family." With that, their argument was resolved. They had both done worse things and been forgiven so this was no big deal. All of their worrying had been for nothing.

They watched a movie together and decided to order pizza for dinner as neither could be bothered to cook. By the time it arrived, the movie was half over and they were cuddled on the couch in tracksuit pants, happy in each other's arms. Cas was the one to get up and open the door to collect their delivery, but he wasn't expecting the person on the other side to be Zara from his senior class. "H-hi Mr Novak." She said handing him the pizza.

"Hi, Zara." He said back. He remembered that he had no shirt and he was sure that his hair was a mess so he wanted to pay as quickly as possible but when he went to grab his wallet he realized he didn't have it.

"One sec, I forgot the money." Cas said about to turn around when he heard footsteps rounding the corner.

"You forgot the money, Cas." Dean informed from behind him. Cas' eyes widened and Zara just stared in shock as the Dean Winchester handed her the money. She was lucky she wasn't holding the pizza because she would have dropped it.

"You're Dean Winchester!" Zara said in disbelief. What was he doing in her awkward history teacher's house? That's when she noticed the matching rings on their fingers. "You're married to Mr Novak!" She exlaimed in realization, her eyebrows practically reaching her hairline.

"Please don't tell anyone." Cas pleaded desperately. After years of hiding this couldn't be how he was found out, could it?

"Is this one of your students?" Dean said in realization when she had called him Mr Novak. Cas nodded in response, shaking slightly so Dean did the only thing he could. "If you tell anyone, I'll stop making videos." Dean warned.

This seemed to surprise the girl, and Cas for that matter, as they both yelled "What?" In unison.

"You heard me." Dean answered menacingly, "It is very important that nobody finds out about Cas, got it?"

"Y-yes s-sir." She stuttered, handing them a dollar, "Your change." She mumbled.

"Keep it." Dean replied in a kinder tone, feeling bad for scaring the poor kid. "Bye."

"Bye." She waved, "I promise I won't tell." She said and left, just as Cas closed the door.

"Wow." Dean sighed. "Why'd we have to order pizza?"