Chapter 3 - Bed Time

Cas made it home in 10 minutes and quickly got out of the car taking his bag with him. He unlocked the door to the house and walked inside. He was about to call out to Dean when he noticed that all the lights were off and there was a trail of rose petals on the floor. "Dean?" He called out, following the trail which he assumed was made by his husband. It lead down the hall and into the dining room where Cas noticed a small glow coming from. He walked in and was instantly breathless. The room was lit by candles in the middle of their wooden rectangular table. There were petals scattered across the floor and table and an amazing golden roast in the middle but the most amazing thing was Dean. He stood on the other side of the table with his dirty blonde hair combed back wearing black jeans and a black button up shirt holding a singular red rose.

"What is all this?" Cas asked in awe, caught up in the romantic atmosphere and delicious smell of roast chicken and vegetables. "You know you can't propose to me again, right?"

Dean chuckled, "Aren't I allowed to do something nice for my husband?" He questioned, "I love you and I want to make sure you know it, I need you, Cas."

"I love you too, Dean." Cas said simply as water started to build up behind his big blue orbs. "I love you so much." He choked.

"Sit down, Angel." Dean instructed softly. They both sat down opposite eachother and Dean started to serve the food. He gave them both a piece of golden chicken and scooped a generous amount of vegetables onto their plates.

"Did you make this?" Castiel asked suspiciously because he was pretty sure Dean couldn't cook. They usually got takeout or Cas cooked.

"Of course I made it, and I know what you're gonna say 'but you can't cook' and that's completely false. I can cook, I just don't cook." Dean stated matter-of-factly. He doesn't particularly enjoy cooking but he can do it. He used to have to cook for Sam while their Dad went out to hunt because he didn't want him to have takeout everyday.

They had started to eat when Cas remembered about everything that had happened at school and how he was going to tell Dean. "Hey, Dean?" Cas said, gaining his attention. "I had a crazy day at work today, wanna hear about it?"

"Yeah" Dean replied, his interest peaked. "Sure, Cas.

"Well, it started off pretty normal. Charlie basically crushed me but then Zara, Alexis and Freya came in and they were watching your video. They think that you live in a bachelor pad and have a new girl every night." Cas chuckled as if that was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard because it was.

Dean laughed at this, "Are you serious?" He asked incredulously, "Is that the vibe I give off?"

"Yeah and then in the same session the storeroom above my classroom, that I told you was unstable, collapsed and pinned a kid under two concrete beams. Really heavy ones too." Cas recounted, remembering how much pain the kid was in causing him to pause for a second.

"How did he get out?" Dean asked curiously.

"I used my angel strength to lift the beams, and don't worry, no one noticed, they just think that I'm really strong now." Cas answered back.

"Wow" Dean said in shock, he couldn't even comprehend how the school could leave such a dangerous structure in a place where children go everyday. It was horrible.

"Yeah, I know." Cas agrees. "The kid, Ashton, saw my eyes glowing but I trust that he won't tell because he knows no one would believe him, he's smart." Cas added as an afterthought.

After finnishing dinner accompanied by some small talk, Dean and Cas made their way upstairs to watch a movie and go to bed. When they reached their room, Dean dissappeared to brush his teeth and do whatever else humans do in the bathroom. Cas quickly got changed into his bee pajamas bottoms leaving his bare chest exposed, he chucked on a pair of light blue sleeping socks before pulling back the covers and sliding into bed. About two minutes later, Dean reappeared from the bathroom, fully changed, and went over to their movie shelf. "Which one do you wanna watch, Cas?" Dean asked, he wanted to watch Deadpool but he still asked Cas because he wanted tonight to be all about him.

"I wanna watch Deadpool." Cas replied, much to Deans surprise but in truth, Cas had read his mind and saw that he wanted to watch that one. After making dinner he thought Dean deserved it and Cas didn't mind that movie anyway so it was a win win.

After watching Deadpool in almost silence and cuddling on the bed, Cas heard Dean yawn, indicating that he was tired. "You should go to sleep, Dean." Cas suggested reasonably but Dean complained.

"But, I didn't even get any action if you know what I mean." Dean answered with a wink, crawling on top of Cas and kissing him. "And.. I.. plan.. to.. do.. that." Dean said between kisses.

"Oh, is that what this is all about?" Cas asked suspiciously with a smile, leaning in to kiss Dean on the lips.

"Not at all." Dean responded, "It's just what I was hoping it'd lead to."

"Well?" Cas said earning a confused look from Dean, "What are you waiting for?" And as if that was his que, Dean attacked Castiel with kisses.

After their 'activities' Dean layed down pulling Cas onto his chest. "Goodnight, Babe." He wispered affectionately.

"Goodnight, Dean." Cas mumbled back, watching as his eyes fluttered shut and his breathing evened out. "I love you."

After waiting for Dean to fall asleep, Cas placed a kiss on his head and entered a sleep-like state which was more like meditation but Cas didn't mind because he could always feel the presence of his ex-hunter right next to him all night. He began to visualise all the things he loved most in his life and fantasized about everything that his life could become. Cas never realised how much he loved bed time.