Chapter 33

Niall and I ended up staying in LA longer than expected. 3 weeks actually. My mum did well in rehab and was released days before we headed home. The break was much needed. At the time I just needed an escape. I felt like I was abandoning Louis, leaving him alone for that long, but Niall convinced me he needed to be by himself.

So we found ourselves standing outside the airport, waiting for nothing in particular.

Niall leaned his head back and took in a deep breath. "Enjoying the sun while I still can."

I breathed out a laugh and looked around me. I was going to miss it here. Who wouldn't miss spending their days laying on the beach.

"Well," Niall stated, holding out his hand, "shall we?"

I nodded and held Niall's hand as we passed through the sliding doors.

As much as I would miss LA, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss London. I was growing anxious to get home and return back to my life.

Niall and I passed through security and took a seat near the boarding gate.

"I feel like I have a lot of weight lifted off my chest," I thought out loud.

"Yeah?" Niall prompted.

"Yeah. My mum's out of rehab, I finally reconnected with my family, and I got a sick tan," I grinned.

Niall laughed and lifted his arm up to mine in comparison.

"I think I win," I said smugly as I took notice of the darker tan on my arm in comparison to Niall's lightly reddened skin.

"Maybe for now, but this burn will turn into a tan," Niall defended.

Apparently, it didn't occur to Niall to wear sunblock on any of the days we spend resting under the sun.

"Thanks for coming with," I lightly nudged Niall with my arm.

"No need to thank me," Niall rested his head on my shoulder.

I sighed with content. His head fit so perfectly in the crook of my neck it was like he was made just for me.

"I love you," I whispered.

I felt the need to constantly tell Niall that because I never wanted him to forget it.

"I love you too," he responded.

I don't think I'd ever get tired of hearing those words from someone who meant it.

"What do you think the house looks like?" I snickered. Louis wasn't known to be the neatest person.

Niall chuckled. "Probably like shit," he sighed.

"Have fun cleaning," I grinned.

"What about you?" Niall exclaimed.

"I don't live there, therefore it's not my pr-"

"Would you like to live there?" Niall said meekly.

"W-what?" I stammered.

Niall lifted his head off my shoulder so he could look in my eyes.

"Would you like to move in with me?" he said, twiddling his fingers.
I opened my mouth to speak but a huge grin covered my face instead. I wrapped my arms around Niall and held him tight.

"Is that a yes?" he smirked.

"Yes," I breathed into his shoulder, "yes," I repeated as I untangled myself from him to cup his cheeks in my hand and gently kissed him. 

"You know," he mumbled against my lips, "it's not that big of a deal you basically already live there. When was the last time you went home?" he burst into laughter.