Chapter 14

The final fireworks crackled and smoke raised in the night sky. I sat hand in hand with my boyfriend, his head rested on my shoulder. Although the fireworks were over, we remained as we were. Everything felt in place, like it was meant to be. The way his head fit in the crook of my neck, his slightly smaller hands in mine. Slowly I grew tired and my eyelids began to droop. I carefully leaned back and layed on the ground with Niall beside me. As he gazed up to the sky I kept my eyes glued to him, admiring everything about him.

"Stop staring at me," he giggled.

"But you're so cute," I cooed.

Blush crept up his neck and he lightly pushed my shoulder. I wrapped my arm over his waist and pulled myself closer to him to place a light kiss on his cheek.

"The date was wonderful," I whispered softly.

He nodded slightly before a proud grin crossed his face. "It was pretty great."

"And Niall," I lifted my other hand to fiddle with locks of his blonde hair.

"Hmm?" he finally tore his eyes from the sky to look at me intently.

"I promise you can trust me. I promise you I won't ever do anything to hurt you. Other people may have in the past but they were too dumb to realize what a perfect guy they had. I know what it's like to feel worthless and have a guy treat you poorly. I won't ever let you feel that way because you don't deserve any of that. I won't let you go. I won't give up on you Niall."

"I already trust you Harry," Niall said, looking at me with glossy eyes.

"I know. I just wanted you to know," I squeezed him tight, pressing another kiss to his forehead. "You want to know something?"

"What?" Niall asked, tracing my hand that was placed on his waist.

"I thought you were dating Ashton," I confessed.

"What? Why?" he laughed.

"I saw his texts to you and I don't know, I thought you were singing to him at the club."

"I was singing to you," Niall chuckled, "and you looked at my texts?" Niall pretended to be angry, folding his arms and furrowing his brow.

"I know. And then I was jealous so I got wasted and well, you know what happened after that," I looked down on embarrassment.

"You know you came on to me?" Niall smirked.

"What?!" I shot up from the ground.

"Yeah when we took you home and I took you into my room," Niall sat up to match me, "you said to me "Niall you're such a great guy. No other guy in this world has made me feel the way I feel when I look at you-"

My mind spun. Had I really confessed my feelings to Niall while I was drunk?

"-and I want to suck your-"

"I did not say that!" I squealed.

Niall threw his head back and erupted into laughter.

"But your face was priceless," he gasped for air.

"You owe me for that," I pouted.

"I'm sorry," Niall still chuckled lightly and leaned into place a gentle kiss on my lips.

I smiled at the contact of our lips. I found the most perfect guy and he was mine.

---

In a flash I was there, in a hospital waiting room uncertain of what was coming next. And everything was my fault. I was tormenting myself with possibilities. The possibilities of what would have happened if I wasn't stupid enough to brake my promise. "If" had became a reoccurring word in my brain.

If I hadn't kissed Louis

Niall wouldn't hate me.

Niall would've kept his promise to me and never told Ed what I had specifically told him not to.

Niall wouldn't have been stabbed.

We wouldn't be in the hospital waiting to find out if Niall had even survived.

But no, I broke my promise to Niall.

I kissed Louis.

Niall hated me.

Niall broke his promise.

Niall got hurt.

And everything was my fault.

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks. Tears of guilt, tears of anger, tears of fear. Fear I would never see Niall again. Fear he would die without knowing how truly sorry I was for what I had done for him.

I found myself shaking uncontrollably in the uncomfortable waiting room chair. Louis put an arm around me to console me. I rested my head in the palms of my hands and looked down at my feet. My mind became groggy with all the guilt overcoming me. The simple idea of breathing became difficult for me and with each shaky breath my vision became hazy.

"Harry?" Louis' voice sounded distant.

He continued talking but I couldn't hear him over the ringing in my ears. I looked up and saw Louis and Liam in close proximity to my face. I blinked hard a few times because everything around me appeared fuzzy and the colors of the room seemed off.

I heard exclaims of "shit" and "can you hear me?" through the buzz in my ear that I couldn't seem to get rid of.

I heard Liam shout something about a nurse and then everything became black.

---

i feel like the beginning is super lame sorry

THANKS FOR READING ALL

also you should follow my editor on twitter @mmalabami

and me @mermaidiarry if u want