Chapter 12

The kiss lasted much longer than expected. However the kiss itself was unexpected. We both pulled back and looked at each other with a look of horror.

"Fuck," I whispered to myself.

"Harry I am-"

"Fuck!" I shouted louder, slamming my hands down on the bed, "it's been only a couple hours and I've already cheated on my boyfriend!"

"Harry I'm sorry," Louis apologized, tears beginning to stream down his face again, "this is all my fault."

"No. No Louis it's not. I kissed you. I... I cheated on Niall," I tugged on my hair.

"Okay but we could just not tell him? It was just a kiss. It didn't mean anything!" Louis quickly rambled.

"Right. It meant nothing," I tried to reassure myself.

We sat in uncomfortable silence for a moment before Louis stood up from my bed.

"I'm going to go then," he wiped his eyes which were still spilling with tears.

"Okay," I waved awkwardly as Louis walked out of my room.

I leaned back on my bed and dragged my hands down my face.

"He won't find out it'll be okay," I mumbled to myself.

The feeling of exhaustion overcame me and I fell into a restless sleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone buzzing. I leaned over and saw a text from Niall.

"Morning! x"

My phone buzzed again and another text from Niall came in.

"Miss you"

I felt a pang of guilt as I simply replied "miss you too" with no mention of the night before.

"Come over today? ;)" he replied.

"Okay x"

I winced when I sent the text realizing what I had become. I had nearly gotten fired for being upset Zayn cheated on me. Louis came to me crying because Liam cheated on him. And I still went on cheating on Niall. I had to keep quiet about it. I couldn't hurt Niall like Josh had. Not since I was the first guy he trusted since then. It would be better for Niall if he didn't know. So that's what I convinced myself.

---

My hands shook realizing I had to see Niall and lie to his face. I shook out my nerves and knocked on the door which was quickly flung open by Niall.

"Hey," he smiled, giving me a peck on the lips.

"Hi," I smiled nervously.

I followed Niall into the house and we headed towards the staircase. Louis passed us quickly as we headed up the stairs.

"Hey," he greeted, his shoulder brushing mine as he passed me.

"Hey," I choked out.

I continued to follow Niall down the long hallway of doors on the upper floor.

"Thanks for last night," I spoke up.

"Thanks for coming," Niall beamed, "I'm really glad you liked it."

"How could I not? You set up fireworks for me," I laughed.

Niall stopped at a door. "It was nothing really. I'm just kidding it took a lot of work," he laughed, "it was worth it though."

He swung the door open and I followed him into the bedroom. The same room I had woken up in after the night in the club.

"This is your room?" I asked.

"Yeah. Believe it or not out of all of the rooms in this house only 2 are bedrooms. I figured you could use a bed that night because you know."

"Don't remind me," I laughed lightly.

Niall caught me by surprise by pressing his lips against mine. He closed the door without pulling away from me and grabbed me by the hips. He lightly pulled me and guided me towards his bed were he gently laid me down. He put his hands on either side of my head and held himself above me. He looked deep into my eyes as a way of asking permission. I swallowed thickly and gave him a weak nod. He lowered himself down and his gentle kisses became more lustful.

I worry that if I give someone my heart they'll just crush it again.

His kisses trailed down to my neck where he began leaving love bites.

This is the first time since Josh I haven't had problems trusting anyone.

My mind raced as Niall sat up to pull his shirt off. He leaned back down and slid his hands under my shirt to pull my shirt over my head. I was becoming more and more overcome with guilt.

This time I'm not worried about you breaking my heart.

"I kissed Louis!" I shouted out.

"What?" Niall sat up again. "When?" I saw a look of worry in his eyes.

I looked away from him, disappointed I couldn't tell him it was a long time ago, before we started dating.

"Yesterday," I whispered, "after our date."

Niall rolled his body of mine. "Why?" he asked so quietly I could barely hear it. I looked up and saw the hurt expression on his face.

"He came to my apartment yesterday and Liam just cheated on him and he was crying and I didn't know what to do Niall!"

Niall stood up from the bed, shaking his head. "So you kissed him?"

"I don't know why I did it! It didn't mean anything!" my sight became blurred by tears.

"I trusted you!" Niall's voice cracked, "how could you do this to me?" tears streamed down his cheeks.

"It didn't mean anything," I repeated quietly, tears spilling from my eyes.

"This is why I don't trust people. You promised not to break my heart Harry. But you're just like everyone else!"

"I'm so sorry," I sobbed.

"Leave," Niall clenched his jaw.

"What?"

"LEAVE!" Niall shouted at me, "I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN," his voice shook.

I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out. There was nothing for me to say. It was completely my fault. I picked up my shirt and ran out of his room and down the hall. I pulled my shirt back on as I hurried down the spiral staircase.

"Harry?" Louis called out to me as I passed him.

I ignored him and kept running towards the door, wiping the tears away from my cheeks.

"Harry?" Louis called louder and walked briskly towards me as I opened the door.

"I fucked up," I sobbed before slamming the door behind me.

---

PEOPLE COMMENTED LAST TIME THANKS FRIENDS