Really, as adorably sickening as this has been…  “Guys.  Guys!”

                When they finally shut up and glanced over at me, I gave them the most incredulous expression I could possibly muster.  And when I was sure I had their undivided attention, I continued.  “Can you please continue your lovers’ spat when we’re away from the public eye before you cause a riot?  I’m really not in the mood, and Lucy, you are not wearing the right shoes for running.”

                I returned to my dress hunting which admittedly was pretty nonexistent and nearly breathed a sigh of relief when they didn’t proceed with their argument.  There was some mumbling and then silence until Lucy must have spotted another option and needed commentary.

                I tried forcing myself to focus, but it wasn’t working.  I just couldn’t seem to think about anything other than how fun it would have been cutting into Harry’s radio interview.  We probably could have made it hilarious.  I don’t know.  It’d be better than what I’m doing now.

                “How’s it going?” My brother asked, appearing beside me after a while.  Lucy was nowhere to be seen.  “Find anything you like?”

                Pursing my lips, I shook my head.  “Nope.”

                “Is everything okay?”

                “Yeah.  I just hate shopping.”

                “Said no girl ever,” he snickered.

                “Except this one.”

                “Lexie, you are literally the exception to all generalizations.”

                I couldn’t help but smirk a little at that.  “You know me well.”

                “Do you need help?  I think Lucy finally found something she likes, so she can help you find something if you need it.”

                “Nah, I’ll find something eventually.”

                “You sure?”

                I pulled a hanger off the rack I was currently flipping through and smiled, holding the number up to myself and looking over it.  “I’m sure.”

                “I’ll be home before midnight,” Brady assured me, putting his car into park.  I couldn’t see his eyes through the dark tint of his sunglasses, and I wasn’t even sure if he was actually looking at me through his rearview mirror or not, but I nodded.  “Tell Mom and Dad.”  Then, like an afterthought, he added, “Damn, I never thought I’d have to worry about telling them stuff like that again.”

                “Don’t worry,” Lucy said.  “We know you’re a big boy now.”

                With the dress I’d gotten concealed and protected in a long plastic bag in hand, I carefully maneuvered myself out of the car.  As my brother left, Lucy watched him go.  Then she turned to me.  “Well, that was fun.”

                “You and my brother disgust me.”

                She probably would have thought I was being serious had I not broken into a wild grin right away, but I think either way would have resulted in her socking me painfully hard in the upper arm.  It hurt so bad I almost dropped my dress.  “Ow, bitch!”