❝Your Hands Are Really Nice❞

Start from the beginning

"Y/N!." Veronica cut me off.

"First of all, stop being so dramatic: that's my thing. Second of all, Jughead likes you! It's written all over his face!"

"Then why hasn't he told me?" I argued.

"Y/N, Jughead wouldn't be able to make the first move if his life depended on it." Betty pointed out, resting a hand on mine.

"You can do this, we know you can."

"Yeah, you just need to practice." Veronica spoke and I could almost see the lightbulb above her head flicker on.

"Oh, no." I muttered, letting my head fall in to my crossed arms that rested on the table.

"Oh, yes."

• • • •

"This is dumb"

"No, it isn't!"

"Ronnie, it kind of is."

"Betty, you're my girlfriend! Be on my side here!" Veronica crossed her arms, staring at the girl sitting beside me. We are at my house now, after finishing at Pop's and Veronica had gotten the bright idea to "pretend" to be Jughead so I could practice confessing my feelings. That led to Veronica now standing in front of me in Jeans, a flannel, one of Jughead's jackets he had left over here, and her hair tucked in to one of my gray beanies.

"Come on, just pretend." Veronica changed her posture so she was slumped over a bit, shoulders hunched, and a scowl on her face.

"Hey, Y/N. What's up." She spoke in a deep, monotone voice, trying (and failing) to mimic Jughead. Betty cracked up laughing which made me start to laugh. We ended up hunched over on my bed, our arms holding our stomachs.

"What, that was spot on!" Veronica yanked the gray beanie from her head, whacking me with it. I raised my arms over my head in defense, still laughing at her. Ronnie eventually stopped and we all settled down.

"I just, I can't do it guys. I can't. Jughead is so... confident in who he is. He knows what he stands for and he knows what he wants. I'm like, the complete opposite! I have the bravery of a chicken nugget!" My arms raised over my head dramatically before falling back down to my sides.

"I hate to say it but that is kind of true." My friend Kevin peeked his head in to my bedroom before coming the rest of the way in.

"Heard you're having a crisis, so I came to help."

"You called Kevin too?!" I whined, flopping back down on my bed and shoving my face in to one of my pillows.

"Who else knows?"

"Just us. Archie and Jughead are both horribly oblivious heteros." Kevin sighed, sitting down next to me and patting my back lightly.

"Okay, how about this," Veronica sat down on the other side of me, brushing the hair away from my neck.

"If you had the confidence to tell Jughead how you felt and you weren't so shy, what would you say?"

I turned around and sat up, climbing off my bed. I stood in front of my friends and took a deep breath, turning away from my friends.

"I would tell him that he is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and that I have no idea what I would do without him in my life, and that there is never a time that I think about him and I can't help but smile. I would tell him that he makes me the happiest person in the world and that no matter what, whether we're friends, or more, or less, I always want him in my life."