❝ Paragraphs ❞

Pairing: Jughead Jones x Reader
Word Count: 1134
Warnings: None

Description: — Soundtrack: Blackbear - "Paragraphs".

▪️▪️▪️▪️

Jughead Jones The III, a local-student documentarist of verification and reliable propaganda with an isolated soul

Jughead Jones The III, a local-student documentarist of verification and reliable propaganda with an isolated soul. Pretty much a definition of a cliché line but that is his life anyway, he's silent rebel.

His life is a mess though or nor did he care? He's been through ups and downs like everyone did, but he isn't satisfied to the fact that he'd gone ruthless that he came to the point clueless and literally didn't know what to do. There was Riverdale High, the solemn winter season,  a fellow Blossom's death, the Andrews residence, and then the girl he met a few years back ever since the freshman year. He was overwhelmed yet fluent to all of this happening but how did it end up wrong?

Y/N - Y/L/N is the sweetest and the wittiest person he know, she's also has a discrete appeal that Jughead became attracted with her but nothing serious. Nothing serious but something was different. Jughead knew that they're just beat friends, clearly.

Although one time there was a party, Riverdale teens attended, including Reggie Mantle, of course. It's funny and crazy at the same time that at least for one night, Jughead's friends along with Reggie's actually hung out pretty well. He was dulled by the moment they had but he was happy. The smokes and the alcoholic beverage never gets old, it's always there until these wasted kids reach their drunken state and confetti mishaps.

On the other hand, Jones didn't drink at all, maybe he did a glass or two, but he wanted to stay sober. While Y/N stumbles through the crowd and almost slipped to the creaked floors, he just laughs as he patted the space beside him, signaling her to sit down. They laughed for a good fifteen minutes thinking they were crazy at the moment.

"Are you alright?" Jughead questioned, eyes tired from the midnight ambiance.

"Juggy, I'm feel numb tonight but I'm completely fine." Y/N giggles, pinching his nose.

"Oh no, don't call me that." He groaned, followed by a laugh.

"Jug, can we play a game? It's a quick game but we have to be honest with each other." Y/N then suggested.

"That's childish, but okay."

"Alright, we'll just change questions and answers and I'll go first." Y/N stated in a low tone then laughing after. Jughead isn't sure if she's already drunk, because if she's still sober and in usual days, she's still humorous as hell.

"Do you like this party?" Y/N's question made him laugh, harder than earlier. He shook his head in attempt of how silly Y/N is getting as ha responded,

"I'm not favored in these kind of parties but so far, this is pretty awesome." He shrugged.

"Look at you, beanie boy." She smiles and now it's his turn.

"Mhmm, let's see, uh, are you excited for summer break?"

"Ugh, I'm dying." Y/N snorted and her answer is clear.

"Everyone is, think about the things we could do without education walls coating us."

"Freedom indeed. Okay, my turn." Y/N replied, Jughead is feeling entertained around her as he waited for her question.

"Juggy?," she started, he just hummed and waited,

"What are we officially?" Jughead's smile dropped and was replaced by a confused curve though he knew where this was going.

He suddenly remembers all the good times they had, they're both so happy that they did not know what their label is. Most of the time, they'd hang out with Betty and others and the teasing had never been an absence towards them. Last summer, they went to the beach, skin to skin interaction were felt because of their bodies receiving warmth from the strong heat that the sun is bringing and then at night, they had a bonfire altogether, Jughead noticed how close his best friend was beside her but he didn't mind at all. Often times, head resting on each other's shoulders became a signature, hugging and kisses in the forehead became a signature. Their sweet talks, admirable glances, and contagious smiles are shared, but what about love?

It's normal for them but it's different, even their friends misunderstood their judgements and remained confused to the unknown label they have. What really are they?

"What are you talking about? We're best friends, Y/N." Jughead reached for her soft hands, rubbing his thumbs just above her knuckles. Y/N somewhat sighed in relief then smiled.

"Thank god. Now the question has been answered, thank you Jughead." She scoots closer to him and hugged him lightly which he also hugged back.

Soon after, they both parted, he sees Y/N leaning back and close enough to meet his lips, Jughead was confused and if their lips connected, he knew that he will be for a long time. Their head are up in the clouds dazing, their bodies are in a pause that stopped their tracks but their hearts beats as one. With no hesitation, his best friend leaned in as their lips touched for the first time. Their cheeks burned in a crimsons as they synced slowly and passionately.

There is one thing that they're both worried about. If they broke the kiss, will the tables turn or will they become awkward to each other?

It's easy to say but it's hard to figure out.

▪️▪️▪️▪️

— Remember when Y/N and Jughead played a game of changing questions and answers and how they were excited for summer break? Here's the present.

He sat on a booth at Pop's, alone and just with his laptop as he typed something that kept him busy though his mind is busy thinking of something else.

What he and Y/N have is such a special relationship. Ever since that kiss, they didn't talk or meet for a good three days but when it comes to their circle of friends, they somehow recovered from the memory.

A smile appeared in his face as he typed this short document or more like a diary. He typed his confusions, the unspoken answers, his feelings, and other conclusions that somewhat defined Y/N in a way.

Moments later, he would hear the bell from the entrance door and familiar footsteps coming near his seat. His cursor made its way to his favorite icon, saving his open-speech in his drafts.

And then Y/N is right in front of him.

"Hello there, beanie head." She smiled at him.

It's never too late to figure out the truth and the right answer. He may save his questions in his own drafts in his head, because he knew that he still have more paragraphs to determine his affection towards his best friend.