❝Lost & Found❞

Pairing: Cole Sprouse x Reader
Word Count: 2386
Warnings: None

Description: — "In the eye of the hurricane, there is quiet for just a moment, a yellow sky." – Unknown. Y/N and Cole has a stalwart relationship, too good to be squandered. But what if one heart weakens and suddenly drowns in a whirlpool of skepticism? Her own shadows are her own enemies and her remedy is as inquisitive as her. Even in the chaos, he is doing something more.

PS: • read the author's note at the end, it's quite important ⚠️🙄🍒

◾️◾️◾️◾️

___________________

___________________

• You straightened your sylphlike front-knot cutout Cami dress as the hem of it sways gracefully through the wafting wind. The vivid crimson candy color of your clothing shines underneath the sunshine, your stark sunglasses shading your squinted eyes. You and Cole are walking hand in hand on a local vineyard—he urged you to come with him to go visit the place and at first, you hesitated because it's striking hot outside but the thought of surveying the nest where wines actually came from just got you interested. Cole wins it again.

The one-way path got you mesmerized. Fresh grapes cornered you on both sides as you walk. The scent is alluring, so sweet and delicate. Meanwhile, Cole left you out of the company for a moment as he went to talk to his friend—who owns the vineyard—exclusively. You let them though, the crops are keeping you charmed anyway.

You came to a stop, your spot seem to halt you forcefully as your gaze caught something. A family of grapes—grape vines, to be exact. It puts a gleeful smile on your face as you adore them. You went to reach for it, picking up one piece as you swirl the tiny fruit around your three fingers. It feels so smooth, you thought, and you don't even know if it's fine and allowed to steal a piece but you shoved the black grape on your mouth anyway. The sugary juice savors on your tongue that it reminds you of some of the simple, valid-loaded words. Ardent? Innocence? Peaceful? You can't tell.

Seconds later, you feel a pair of arms snaking around your waist and a chin resting lightly on your shoulder. You recognized the familiar back-hug immediately, turning around, a quick smile appeared on your face as you see your lovely boy.

"How are you doing?" He asked softly,

"Calm, unbothered. Not until some clingy sloth came to hug me." I joked, hearing him chuckle.

"Come on, let's go wine tasting," He suggested.

"Sure, just give me a minute." I took a few, quick shots of the beautiful fruits, sorting them instantly on my gallery and save it for later to post. I want to share its beauty.