❝ Devil In Me V ❞

Pairing: Jughead Jones x Reader
Word Count: 1182
Warnings: None

Description: (An HFK prompt imagine) --- the part five of 'Devil In Me'.

______

~ When you and Jughead decided to go downstairs and meet the others, their heads shotted up to you as they ask you the same questions of how are you feeling.

Nonetheless, you and Betty had a proper talk as well. She apologized and you forgave her. In your regards, you also apologized to Veronica for being a little rude towards her when she last approached you.

The five of you planned to stay in for the night as Veronica insisted to. While the others are are having a chat over something, you and Jughead are sat on a sofa-chair, his left arm behind your lower back. You feel comfortable by his company, his presence is something you'd treasure forever.

"Y/N?" Jughead soon asked as he started twirling your hair. You only hummed in a tone for him to continue.

"Are you still going to attend your serpent business?"

His questions hits you automatically but no answers popped up. How about it? You already fell in love with the serpents and their daily business, but at the same time you don't want to put Jughead or any of his friends and family in danger. You sighed as you overthink with the consequences that can possibly happen.

"Of course, Jughead, it's like a reformed family to me." You half smiled. Jughead just sighs, but his head nodded with understanding.

-----

In the next day in Riverdale High, you and the others settled a meet up outside the football field where Archie will be training later. While you're grabbing things from your locker, a group of men walked down the hallway.

Everything around you turned blurry and slow, like one of those thriller  movies you're watching. The only familiar thing that captivates your eyes quickly is Reggie. You, Reggie, and Jughead were good childhood friends before, it was only the three of you. At first, loyalty is what you tend to trust through your lifestyle but that somewhat changed when the world got twisted.

However, during your examination towards the jockey, his looks changed unusually like when you're young back then. That dark, slicked hair of his is too bold, his signature denim jacket, and that face that every fuck boy could have whenever they barge in for strong dramatic entrance.

Of course, arriving back in Riverdale, you didn't quite noticed Reggie in the first place, spending a few months furthermore, he and his pesky friends are well known here in Riverdale High, most rumours were heard.

You instantly erased your exotic thoughts towards the group as you're about to close your locker and just leave, but someone stopped you.

"Hey there, white snake," Reggie grinned, elbow rested in the wall.

"Hi Reggie." You replied.

It is crazy but it seems like the both of you noticed each other for a long time without communication. Maybe he figured that you're back and suddenly realizes that your friendship shared tons of memories ever since.