Chapter Thirty One: Home

Two weeks later

"Ok.. ingredients." I flipped through a page. "So many ingredients." I stared at the book for a moment until I groaned. "I hate cooking."

"Need some help?"

I turned to see Olivia walking in the kitchen. "Yes." I say without hesitation. There's no doubt that I would most likely ruin everything.

"What are you making?" She asks as she grabs the book to look at it.

I sigh. "Some type of chocolate cake." I watched her for a moment. "I don't cook."

"I can see." She chuckled as she placed the book down. "Ok, so if you can grab the ingredients, I'll start getting the pans and bowls."

I nod as I didn't argue with that. I quickly found all the ingredients then handed it all to Olivia as she was placing the bowls on the counter. "How is she?" She asked as she was grabbing something.

"She's doing better." I said as I knew she was talking about Julia. "I'm glad she's doing better."

Olivia slightly smiles. "That's great. It takes time, but I knew she would come out strong."

Julia was released from the hospital about a week ago. They had her stay there to make sure she was well enough and get better before releasing her. She wasn't able to do much for a while, but she slowly regained her strength.

Olivia found out about Julia a few days after it happened. She called Andrew since Julia and her are close friends, and he told her everything that happened.

Unfortunately Olivia wasn't home that day, or she could have called the cops a lot sooner and maybe Julia wouldn't have to go through that shit like she did.

As Olivia was standing at the counter, mixing everything into a bowl, I stood there as I watched her. I couldn't lie to myself, but this woman was really pretty. She had that type of look that I couldn't explain, but she was very beautiful.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

I look over towards the door to see a woman standing there looking pissed off. I gave her a confused look until I recognized her from that day she slammed the door in my face.

This must be Oliver's other mom.

I watched as that woman walked over to Olivia and I couldn't help but watch her every move.

"Sam, don't start." Olivia said.

Sam looked over at me for a moment before walking towards me. "Why were you checking out my wife?"

"I wasn't checking her out." I said as I stared at her.

She rolls her eyes. "Clearly you were. I caught you staring at her." She said. "Next time, make sure your eyes aren't on my wife."

"Or what?" I challenged.

She stared at me. "I'll beat your-"

"Samantha Shuler!" Olivia yelled which made both of us look over at her. "Leave Dana alone."

Sam looks back at me before walking over towards Olivia. I roll my eyes as I stared at them for a moment. I knew Sam was trying to be intimidating, but it wasn't working.

She doesn't look as threatening as she's making herself to be.

I decided to let them be alone, so Sam didn't get the wrong idea of me staying around because of her wife.

I walked into the living room and looked around. I've been here so many times, but never once took the time to actually look around and see all the different pictures and everything that was on the walls.