Chapter two: The 'Underground'

I walked through the front door of my house and immediately went into the kitchen. I was hungry. I didn't eat anything today, and Amber asked what was wrong and she also wanted to know what the nurse had said, but I didn't have an answer for her.

Thank God she didn't interrogate me again.

I raided the fridge, but nothing was there. I look inside the cabinets, but nothing. I groan as I knew my uncle was too fucking lazy to go out and buy any food. It's always about his needs and not mine. Sometimes I think he forgets that I live here too, so I need to eat just as much as he does.

I decided to grab a bag of chips I found, surprisinly, then I ran upstairs to my room and quickly changed. I slipped out of my clothes, and into my sweatpants and hoodie. I tucked my hair inside of my hoodie and walked out of my room.

My uncle was nowhere in sight, which doesn't surprise me since he's hardly here anyways. It didn't bother me anymore cause I could take care of myself better than he ever did for the last seven years, so it really doesn't bother me all that much.

It gives me more freedom anyways.

I quickly hop onto my bike and started backing out of the driveway. I look both ways before getting out onto the street, then quickly speeding off.

I love my motorcycle more than anything because it's my ticket to wherever I want to go. It's my sense of freedom, and without it, I would go insane.

When I turned sixteen, my uncle decided to take me out to look for a car. I had just got my license, and I was pretty excited about finally being about to own a vehicle because it meant that I was maturing to where I could do whatever I wanted. We stopped at several dealerships, or should I say, used car lots. My uncle didn't have a lot of money, hell, he still didn't have a lot of money, but he decided to use what he had saved up and buy me a vehicle.

I thanked him for that. Even up to this day I still thank him because he has always been there for me, most of the time, and he's supportive of me in every way that he could be. Even though he's a drunk, and a drug addict, he's still my uncle and he's the only adult figure I have in my life. I owe him a lot for everything that he has done for me.

I didn't end up with a shiny used car or a vehicle that was too big even for only a few people inside, but the moment I saw this motorcycle in that car lot, even though it was used, I fell in love at that very moment. I knew that this was the one thing that I needed in my life, and one thing that would never let me down in the end.

The only love I could ever give, or receieve.

I raced through the backstreets of town, and soon came to an old abandon building. I drove down the alleyway, then came to a stop. I got off and made sure my bag of chips were still in my hoodie pocket. They were. I placed my keys in my pocket and looked around before walking. I had to make sure nobody was following me, and nobody was watching me.

It's the same routine every time.

I came to a door then looked around real quick before knocking four times. I waited until I heard a few clicks, followed by the small opening in the door sliding open. I saw a pair of eyes looking through before they spoke, "Yes?"

I look around once more before looking back at them. "Dana." I said as the eyes kept staring at me. "If you do not let me in, I'll make sure to kick your balls in your throat." I threatened.

The opening slid shut following by another few clicks then the door opened. I stepped inside as I looked towards Damion as he was shutting the door behind me. He looks over at me for a brief moment. "This way." He motioned. We walk through the darkened hallway, before we came to a stop at the entrance. I look over at him as he was staring back at me. "Fee." He held his hand out.