Chapter seven: Double Vision

I woke up from the worst dream ever. It involved my parents, and even though I can hardly remember what happened with them, my uncle tells me all kinds of stories about them and how shitty they were. But, it's basically the same dream every time, and I can't understand what it means.

My uncle took me away from my parents when I was ten years old. Although I don't remember much about them, which I can't understand, my uncle told me how terrible they were to me and how abusive they were. He said that he couldn't stand to see the way they treated me, so he filed an adoption paper, signed by them and he took me away.

My uncle has been supportive of me, no matter what. He's been there for me when I needed him, and acted like a responsible adult like he was suppose to. I was grateful to have him take me in and be there for me, and he showed me the love that I deserved for years.

Until his ex girlfriend came back to him a few years ago, and promised him shit that she told him before she left him the first time. Now, my uncle isn't the smartest guy out there, but I would of thought he learned from his mistakes when they were together before. But, that didn't happen. My uncle was hook, line and sinker for her stupid ass.

He started back on drugs because of her. He started drinking again because of her.

He had stopped all of that shit years ago, before he adopted me and he was clean for almost four years. I was proud of him, and he was doing so good. He was living his life like he was suppose to, but the moment that whore came back into his life, he was gone.

I guess people do stupid shit for love.

I couldn't understand the concept of love. Even if I tried, it's still strange to me. It doesn't make any sense, and it's pointless to fall for a person, who in the end will screw you over and you're left heartbroken.

I mean, who the hell is dumb enough to fall for that shit?

I never experienced love the way it was portrayed in movies, or how someone would describe it when they first fall in love. I never got the chance to experience love, the way everyone else always talks about.

Tommy and I were never in love. We were together, but it wasn't love. I didn't feel any butterflies when we kissed, and the sex meant nothing, because I didn't feel anything either. I'm not sure why, but I guess Tommy wasn't the one for me, or I just can't fall in love.

The type of love you get from your family; I never got that either. My uncle, sure, but it wasn't the type that made you all happy inside to have a family and to be loved by each other. It was merely just me and him, so there wasn't any type of family love that surrounded us.

Love is strange to me in many ways, if not one. It never really meant anything to me, and I guess it never will. But that's ok, because it scares me to think about giving someone something that I probably won't get back in return.

You give someone so much of you, and if they don't return the favor, then you're left heartbroken and shattered because you have given this person half of you, but it wasn't enough for them. You're left crying your eyes out with your heart broken, and you feel like the world is caving in on you because you don't know what else to do.

-

"I'm bored." I groan as Tommy, Damion and I were walking around this stupid mall. It was ten in the morning, and I shouldn't even be awake right now. I hardly slept any last night, but Tommy called me around eight this morning telling me to get ready for the mall.

Tommy chuckles as he looks at me. "You're always bored. Damn, don't you do anything fun?"

I shake my head. "No."