Chapter twenty two: Fight Back

As I park my bike out on the driveway, I hop off and walk to the front door. I step inside then shut the door. I walk through the living room to look for Johnny, but he's nowhere in sight.

I turn around, but soon came face to face with Johnny. He pushes me back and I stumble for a moment before catching myself before falling. "Where the hell have you been?" He yells.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I yell as I stare at him.

He steps towards me. "Answer me, Dana."

"None of your fucking business, Johnny!" I yell. He grabs my shirt and I quickly push him off. "What the fuck is your problem!" I stared at him for a moment and knew something was wrong.

He stared at me but never said anything. I knew this definitely was not Johnny in front of me. Something had to of happened to him, because he never touched me before.

He knew better.

"I want to know where you have been and what you have been doing, Dana. I deserve that!" He yells. I didn't say anything as I stood there and just let him look like an asshole by himself. He shook his head. "You're no longer allowed to leave this house, except for school."

I chuckled. "Yeah, right."

"I mean it, Dana." He said. "If you leave this house, you will regret it." He threatened.

I stared at him. "You won't do shit, Johnny."

"Go to your room." He pointed upstairs.

"Fuck you." I said as I stood there.

He grabs my arm but I swing my arm back and punch him in the face. He stumbles back and quickly looks over at me before charging at me. I quickly move out of his way, but he grabs ahold of my waist and picks me up.

I start kicking and trying to get out of his grip, but his grip tightens and he starts walking upstairs. "I have had it with your shit, Dana. If you won't listen to me, then I'll make you!" He yells before kicking my bedroom door open and slinging me on the floor.

I hit the floor and quickly got up as he slammed the door shut. I tried opening it, but he was holding onto the doorknob on the other side. I look over towards my window and knew that I could jump out.

I ran to my bed first to grab the rest of my money that I had hidden. I knew that this was probably the last time I will be showing my face around here. Johnny is not himself, and there's no way in hell that I will be staying here or being around him anymore.

I went to the window and looked out before climbing through. I pray I don't lose my footing as I step onto the roof. I held onto the side and started making my way across. I wasn't sure on how I was going to get down, but I knew that it wasn't that far, as long as I land on my feet.

I'm pretty sure that I could survive this jump, I mean, how many teenagers has snuck out of their house at night and jumped from windows down twenty or whatever feet?

I haven't snuck out before, I just walk out of the front door. So, this is new to me and I wasn't sure on what the hell was going to happen when I jump.

As I was holding onto the sidings, and watching my foot work, I heard a noise. I stop to listen and I heard Johnny start yelling. Shit. I guess his dumbass figured it out a little sooner than I thought.

I got to a place where I knew I could jump without dying or breaking anything. I hoped for the best as I took a leap and jumped off the roof. When I landed, I didn't land the way I wanted to and ended up twisting my ankle.