Chapter Twenty-Seven

This chapter is for @BrittanyMarie483. If it wasn't for you I don't think I would have worked so hard on this chapter. Haters really are your motivaters. Dis is fa you baybee :*

 “Necole, Wake up!”

Olivia shook my bed.

“Olivia, I swear I’m going to kill you.”

“Well” She sang out the word longer than usual. “I got somethin’ that I know you would like to hear.”

“Girl how the hell did you get in here anyways?”

“Don’t worry ‘bout that.” She smiles then sits on the edge of my bed.

“How’s your boo?”

“What does Nathan have to do with anything?”

“But he gon be anything but good when he finds out what you did at that party.” Olivia smirks.

“Olivia.” I say sternly. “What are you talking about?”

“Wait girl you don’t remember?”

“Olivia, I am about two seconds from whooping your ass.”

“Chill girl. Damn. It ain’t my fault you can’t handle your liquor.”

I start to get up from my bed; I wasn’t playing when I said I would whoop her ass.

“Whoa” She backs up from the bed.

“Fine, Glyn was calling.” She tosses my phone on my bed.  

“Maybe he wants to hook up again.” She shrugs and walks out my room. Her laughter echoed through the silent house.

What the hell happened last night?

I went to the bathroom and took off my clothes to get in the shower. I stood there thinking with the water from the shower head was beating on my back. Usually I wouldn’t even try to get my hair wet, but today I could care less. I don’t know how long I was in the shower for twenty, thirty minutes. Time flies by when you’re deep in thought.

“Necole!” Someone was banging way too hard on the bathroom door.

“What!” I screamed.

I was so frustrated. Nathan and I just got back together, and I don’t even recall what I did that might ruin our relationship, again.

The shower curtain moved to the side and my friends were now in my vision.

“Holy shit.” Evelyn says.

“Get her a towel.” Felicia bends down towards me. “It’s going to be alright Necole.”

She stretched to turn off the water, took the towel from Evelyn and handed it to me.

“I-I don’t know what happened.” I stutter. I look in the tub to see blood mixed in with the water.

Evelyn shakes her head. “It’s OK, Necole. Don’t worry about it. Just get dressed so we can head out.” She closed the door behind her.

I turned to the clothes they picked out for me that was lying on the sink.

What am I going to do without them?

 I get dressed and head out towards my friends are. “Where we going to?”

“Anywhere.” Evelyn says. “We just want you to-”

“Ev, I’m fine.”

“No you ain’t.” Evelyn snaps. “You shouldn’t make one mistake ruin your life.”

“But Nathan-!” I protested.

“Don’t tell me shit ‘bout Nathan. If he really cared about you he would have been with you last night.”

“Wait, Glyn wasn’t… What else happened last night?” I ask.

When Evelyn doesn’t reply I turn to Mya.  “What.Happened.”

Mya stares at the floor. “Yourmom.Youguyshadanargument ”

“What about her? Wait, where is she anyways?”

“She moved back in with your father.” Evelyn says not looking at me either.

“What.” I say softly.

My father left when I was eight. I used to see every other weekend but then he moved back to Chicago then I saw less of him. We haven’t had a real conversation in four years.

“That’s when you called Nathan. You called him five times; He didn’t even answer not even once.” Felicia breaks the silence.

“So we took you out to- you know…Lift your spirits.” Mya adds.

“How could she do that to me?” I mumble. “I’m sixteen! How the hell am I-”  

I wanted to scream.

How could a person do that to their daughter?

“Where the hell is Nathan?”It was more of a command then question.

Honestly I ran there. I ran all the way to Nathan’s house. I was grateful that the security and I were cool, so I didn’t have to fight anyone. When I got to Nathan’s house, I banged on the door a little harder than I intended to.

Nathan swung open the door. “Damn Necole, I thought-” He sighed. “What’s up?”

“Where were you last night?” I ask him.

He raises his eyebrows. “I could ask you the same question.”

“Don’t try to pull that bullshit Nathan, I was drunk OK? I’m sorry! But I need you yesterday!”

“Necole, don’t-” Nathan looked around his neighborhood before pulling inside and locking the door. “What are you talking about.”

“My mom left last night.”

“What?” Nathan wrapped his arms around me; I didn’t even try to resist him.

“You would have known that if you were with me last night.” I mumble into his chest.

“Let’s forget about that, I’m here now.”

“Don’t ever do that again Nathan.” I look up at him.

“I won’t. I promise, I love you Necole.”

“I love you too.”

Now about Glyn…