The Beast

Chapter Two - The Beast

"What the hell was that," I shouted as I ran towards my father's restrained form.

"You don't think I chained myself up did you?" I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.

I was fumbling with the handcuffs trying to unlock them with the bobby pins in my hair. I could hear the unknown creature make its way done the stairs. With every step he took, I became more and more panicked.

"Daddy, what is it?" I whispered, trying to keep the beast from hearing.

"I don't know, sweetheart. It is a man but he is like an animal. He growls ad roars. He kind of reminds me of a wild wolf."

I was trying to picture what my father meant and all I could think of was the magical creatures that lived in my books that are back in my father's little cottage outside of town. I stopped trying to picture him when I noticed that it was silent. Looking down at my father, I saw that he was staring, wide-eyed at something behind me.

Just as I was going to turn around, a puff of air blew against the back of my head, making my hair fly up. Very slowly I turned to find a chest. Looking up I could see the owner of the chisled chest, was hidden under a cloak. The cloak was open at the mans torso and flowed all the way down his body to the ground. He looked to be about 6'5. He was wearing jeans and nothing else. His face was hidden by the thick velvet cloak.

With closer inspection, any person could see the ragged scars that ran across his torso. It looked to be claw marks. Mesmerized, I reached up to touch one and with abnormal speed, he grabbed my wrist.

It felt like I was there was electricity running where ever he touched me, I was freaking out, so I yanked my hand back. It looked like he was startled as well. Even though I couldn't see his face I could tell he was staring at his hand. I backed up until I was next to my father on the wall.

"Why are you in my house?" His voice was rough and just the sound of it made me weak at the knees.

"I was looking for my father and I found this place and him. I came to take him home," I said, trying to stay strong.

"You can't he is my prisoner."

"What did he do that he needs to be locked up?"

"He came into my house without permission," he stated, emotionless, "as a matter of fact, so did you, why shouldn't I lock you up as well?"

"Uh... because... I have a proposition for you,"

"Oh? And what propositions is that?"

"If you take me in his place, I will come willingly. I will not fight, I will be the perfect prisoner."

Author's Note

Hey guys, remeber to comment, vote and follow... Thanks so much for reading.. So I have been thinking that maybe I should do the same thing with other fairytales like I am with this one.. Of course they would be different....Like different characters and species and I wanted to know if you guys would like that? Just comment on whether you think I should or not. Thanks;)

- Sidney