Chapter Three

They asked if I wanted to join One Direction. The biggest boy band in the world right now. Who debued #1 on Billboard. I had calmed down for nothing. My heart was racing.

"Uhm...I-I...."I finally gave up on talking for a few moments. Hallie calm down! Say yes say yes! This is what you've been dreaming about! But I need to ask my parents first. Hallie just say yes then tell them what happened!No!I'm going to ask first!Ugh. I was having a mental fight with myself.

I took a deep breath,"I need to call my parents first. I really want to just letting you know but I want them to know also. I'll be right back!"I hopped up quickly and with my phone in hand ran into the park. I stopped running and began to walk towards a large fountain. I sat on the edge and dialed my home number. This was the conversation. My mom talks first then it's me.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom it's me Hallie!"

"Hallie!Is something wrong?Why are you calling?Not that I'm mad just-"

"Mom everything's fine. But....."

"But what?"

"Okay mom. So we got here about an hour or two ago and we went to the hotel and then we were able to do whatever we wanted to. So I went off my myself and decided to start singing on a street corner because nobody here knows me. So then I'm singing and a crowd gathers and yada yada then they all start screaming 'One Direction!' and I got really confused and then I saw a bunch of police come and so I just sat down and bought a bottle of water then I was taking a drink when Niall Horan and One Direction came over and asked if it was me singing! Then I choked on the water and said yes and then they asked if I could sing for them so I did then Harry the one with the curly hair and green eyes, calls Simon! And then Simon asks me to sing for him so I do and he tells me that he agrees with Harry because Harry said I had the voice of an Angel and so then I gave the phone back to HArry and then he passed it around so all the guys could talk to Simon and they all just said 'Yes' and then Harry hung up after they had all said that and then he asked if I wanted to join One Direction! Like actually sing with them!Be part of the band!Can I can I can I???" I said very very quickly and in a hushed tone. I shielded my mouth so nobody could read my lips.

"Well....how old are they?"

"20, and 18 and 19 I believe."

"Oh...."she said that with a wierd tone. Not good.

"The guy that I have the huge crush on is 18."

"And who is that?"

"Niall."

"Hallie you're sixteen. 18 year olds have gone to jail because they're 17 year old girlfriends said they raped them.And I'm worried that you and him or one of the others could possibly start da-"

"Mom! He's cathloic and believes in no sex until after marriage! And besides, it's not like any of them would like me that way anyway. So can I?"

"Let me ask your father." There was a VERY long pause before she finally said,"Okay."

"Okay what?"I asked. My hands were shaking. I wanted this so bad.

"Okay you can."

I jumped off the fountain yelling "Yes!" People started to stare so I quickly sat back down on the fountain."Thank you so much!"

"Just wait a second. I have some requirements. Don't go places with any of them one on one until we meet them. No sharing rooms with them. Is that clear?"

"Crystal."

"Okay. I have to go. Your brothers are going crazy. And remember you're there to help build houses. Not hang out with One Direction."

"Got it!Love you!Bye!" I hung up and took a shaky breath. My heart was racing a million miles an hour and I felt the adrenaline flowing through me. I was shaking all over and completely giddy.

I stood up slowly and walked back to the street corner.Hallie Anna Claire Marks you are now a part of One Direction! This is the best day of my life!!!!!! I half expected them to be gone but there they were.Still sitting on the corner. But there was a crowd of people around them. The guys were laughing and talking and signing autographs. I stood back and watched.That could be me in just a few weeks. This is crazy! I could be signing autographs!Popparazzi following me and the guys! Going to fancy parties and doing concerts and going on tour!

Niall glanced over his shoulder and smiled at me and it made me get all warm inside. I felt my cheeks burn red. He laughed a little and then started to talk to the guys who then shooed the crowd away suprisingly easy. All five of the guys looked at me as I walked towards them. I tried to keep my face calm but instead as I got closer and closer to them I started to smile.

"So what's the news!?"Louis asked throwing his arms up in the air.

"I would love to be part of One Direction."I said my smile growing wider until I was grinning.

"That's incredible!"Liam said.

"This is great!"Harry exclaimed.

Louis and Zayn slapped a hi five and Niall grinned back at me. He looked me in the eyes and I saw something in them. It looked like...No. I couldn't believe it. It was love.

I looked at the ground blushing.

"Lads I need to talk to you."I heard Niall say. They all gathered around him and I heard them whispering. I shrugged and sat down by my backpack. I picked up my hat that had a few pounds in it. I put the money in my bag and stuffed the hat in as well. I heard all the guys go "Awwwwwwwwwww" and I got a little more confused then I formed an idea in my head. What if they're saying aww because they think I did something cute?But they why would Niall gather them. Well Niall looked at me and I could see that he liked me more than I think he even thought. That's great! Ohmygosh! I think Niall likes me! This is so crazy! Oh my gosh! I looked at my phone. It was 6.

"Oh crap. Guys I have to get going I'm so sorry! I have to get back to my hotel for dinner!"I said slinging my bag over my shoulder.

I said that just as Niall stepped forward to me. After I had slung my bag over my shoulder I looked up to see him close his mouth. His lips forming a small frown.

"Oh okay."He said sadly.Then he perked up a little."Here love, before you go I want to give you my cellular number."

I smiled a little,"Oh!Yeah sure!"

"Do you happen to have any paper?"Niall asked sheepishly.

"Yeah here."I said digging a notebook out of my bag. I'm getting Niall Horan's phone number!This is crazy! I handed the notebook to him and he wrote down his number and name next to it. Then Liam grabbed the notebook from Niall and wrote his down and the notebook went through all five of the guys then was handed back to me by Zayn.

"Thanks guys,"I said smiling."And don't worry. Nobody will know about this. I'm great at keeping secrets."

"Good. We trust you."Harry said and Louis agreed loudly by saying "Yes!Yes we do!" I smiled.

"Okay I have to go now.Oh here wait a second!"I brushed some blonde hair away from my face and then tore a page out of the notebook. I grabbed a pen and wrote my number down. I handed it to Niall and our hands brushed when he took the note from me. My fingers tingled like electricity had just been shot through them. I blinked quickly then said.

"Okay, Now I have to go.I guess I'll text you?"I adjusted the strap on my shoulder nervously. They nodded and I smiled. Then I walked across the street quickly and then turned the corner and started to run. I loooed at my phone. 6:20. Twenty minuites had passed?!How was that possible! I had 10 minuites to get back to the hotel. I sprinted down the last two and a half blocks and into the lobby of my hotel at 6:25. I sat down onto one of the chairs at caught my breath.Then I started to smile like a lunatic.

I was part of One Direction.