Chapter Seven

When Jake's lips touched mine I totally lost all thoughts. I hated it. I mean yes it was an awesome kiss but really!?He HAD to do it then!? I broke away from the kiss when I felt like it was taking a little too long. I stepped backwards and gaped at Jake. Everything in the park had gone silent. I don't know why I felt so bad about kissing him. I mean I had a huge crush on him and so him kissing me was great. But....I guess it was the fact that the guys were there. No. I wouldn't care if Harry, Zayn Liam and Louis saw....I guess I was worried about Niall. Which was crazy because I had just met him.

I glanced over at the guys of One Direction and I watched as Niall shook his head sadly, push his way through the other guys and walk away, with his hands in his pockets. It broke my heart. I thought it broke my heart because I hate it when I see people upset. And that was part of it. But then I realized it was because I had a crush on him too. I'm so freaking screwed up! I thought. I kept watching Niall walk away slowly down the path. Then I finally worked up enough courage to say:

"I-I'll be right back."Then I pushed my way through the rest of the guys and ran after Niall.

"Hallie wait!"I heard Jake call. I ignored it.

"Niall!Niall!"I said catching up to him.

"Leave me alone Hallie. I'm in no mood to talk right now."Niall said sniffling a little.

"Niall please. Tell me what's wrong. In my defence I had no clue he was going to do that!"I said hoping to make him laugh.

He kicked rocks on the path and kept his gaze to the ground. I walked beside him.

"Hey can I say something?"I asked him.

"You just did."Niall said quietly.

"Well...oh for god's sake Niall! Please I have to tell you something!"I said laughing.

"Go ahead."He said. He kept his hands in his pockets. It never really bugged me when guys had their hands in their pockets but it was really bothering me right now.

"Okay. Niall, I just met you and I feel like I know everything about you. Not just because I'm a Directioner. But like I've known you my entire life. And I hate it when people are upset. Especially the people I care a lot about. So...I know that you get your heart broken easily. Well I do too. So....I don;t know what I'm trying to say...I guess now I'm worried about screwing up two friendships." I said. I glanced over at him. I saw him clench his jaw and then relax it.

He blew out a breath and said,"Two?"

"Yes two you dummy! You and Jake!"I said smiling. I pulled his hand out of his pocket and laced my fingers in his. "Niall I swear you are like my older brother. Well if I had ever had one."

He laughed a little,"An older brother. Nice. I've always wanted a little sister."he looked at me and grinned. I grinned back and he took his hand away from mine and then put me in a lose headlock and gave me a light noogie. I started to laugh.

"Okay okay. So you feel better then Nialler?"I asked breaking free of him, and flattened out my hair.

"I guess. I just don't want you to be kissing any boys. You're too young." he said pointing a finger at me. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Hey no promises." I said laughing.

"Maybe I don't want a little sister anymore."Niall said shrugging.

I smacked his arm playfully. He laughed and I knew we were past that little hill on the "Rollercoaster that is life". Niall took off his hat and ran fingers through his dyed blonde hair. You could see the brown roots. I loved his hair like that. Then he put his hat back on. I frowned.